Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just how dumb are deer?

Old 12-06-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Just how dumb are deer?

If there was corn and salt in a feild and they saw one of there buddys die, how long tell they come back? How many times could this happen tell they stop coming back?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just how dumb are deer?

i have seen deer come up and "sniff" a dead deer that has just been shot. i don't think it's as much dumb as curious.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

Deer thatshow upsoon after a kill may not have been therewhen one was killed. The deer that were there will be back. Theyhave to eat.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:09 PM

ok, but you understand waht I'm asking, right? If I feed the **** out of them can I kepp pulging them all season in the same spot?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:11 PM

Nice buck Doubled 150! Can I come hunt your spot?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mjhjecko

Nice buck Doubled 150! Can I come hunt your spot?
Anyone can hunt where I got that buck. Public ground in MO.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mjhjecko

ok, but you understand waht I'm asking, right? If I feed the **** out of them can I kepp pulging them all season in the same spot?
I thought you were talking about them coming back to a corn field. Sounds like you're talking about baiting. That's illegal.

Anyway, if you're in the same spot day after day, the deer will figure it out and won't come back...at least not during daylight hours.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

They will come back, in the right conditions. Where I hunt, I am fortunate enought to have a silage (spelling?) pile 15 yards away from my shack, so when there is a fair amount of snow on the ground, the deer come in pretty thick, we have shot 4 in one afternoon before, we took 2 fat does with a bow, and 2 more with a ML. we left em lay out in the snow not even 5 feet from the pile after we gutted them, which we gutted them right where they fell, and that was only 10-20 yards away. They just kept coming in like ants to a picnic. And thats an every day thing, I bet we shot 10 deer there in a month, and it didn't stop em.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

Well, its not illegal in every state, it is here in Illinois, but it very well might not be where he lives.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

True, deer are not smart. Cautious, keen senses yes, smart, no.

Quick Reply: Just how dumb are deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.