Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dodged a Bullet!

Old 12-04-2006, 07:02 PM

Default Dodged a Bullet!

I first spotted this buck about the third week of rifle while sunday scouting. He hangs in a large river flat with dense cover, willowy thick junk all over the place. I hunted him for the remaining 5 days or so I had before i went back to college. I came close one afternoon while walking his bedroom I could hear a single deer breaking through a flood and could hear heavy antlers racking off of the willows but never could get a glimpse of the beast. I considered pushing the flat with some friends but then decided to just lettem go. WOOOOOOO baby did i dodge a bullet this morning well more specifically my buck did.The Localswere out road hunting this morning and spotted my buck with 6 others headin for the river flats full out.[:@] they never told my dad if they shot or not but anyways didn't gettem. Claim he was the biggest buck they have seen in a few seasons. Really he is all that and a bag of potatoe chips and i am a bit parnoid now that someone else spotted him. I think he will be safe for this season but I HAVE TO GITR DONE in early archery next year. No ifs, ands, buts, or maybes that bugger is eatin carbon. I am dissapointed with his intelligence level for showing himself especially when he was so close to finishing off the season undetected. heavy snow = less road pressure and he prolly got lazy. Hopefully he gets lazy next august. I will try and find the boy's sheds for ya guys this spring and maybe some cam pics this summer. Only 4 more days and he's home free, till we meet again.[:-]
Old 12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dodged a Bullet!

Glad to hear your nemesis is still alive. Hopefully his little brush with the roadies will smarten him up for the next few days till the season is over. What's the snow situaton up there. Is it looking like he'll have a relatively easy winter??
Old 12-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Need any help looking for those sheds?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:39 PM

If i needed help i would have asked for it.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with him next year. Gotta hate them road hunters.. [:@]