HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Leanna's 06 buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/168275-leannas-06-buck.html)

Guess 12-03-2006 06:31 PM

Leanna's 06 buck

Leannna 16 {my oldest daughter} hasn't pulled the trigger on a buck since she was 9 ,she was ready! We set up on a ridge over looking a huge creek bed close to 90 feet straight up and down on our side.I had walked this draw a few days ago and found 2 old sheds and numerous rubs.As soon as Leanna was ready I started a rattling sequence and grunted there were lots of critters stirring so I didn't wait long to make another rattling sequence maybe 10 minutes tops.Shortly after the second sequence I could hear a deer coming from across the draw,it was a buck! Leanna readied for the shot and as the buck stopped about 80 yards across and almost straight down,she got the crosshairs on his neck and squeezed the trigger on my ruger .243 ,the 100 gr.core lokt found it's mark and it was all over .

Hiawatha 12-03-2006 06:33 PM

RE: Leanna's 06 buck

congrats to her and to the proud father.

Bake North 12-03-2006 06:36 PM

Guess let your daughter know that is a great deer and it's good to see the young lady's getting out,Keep up the great work!

nutz4bucks 12-03-2006 06:44 PM

Very nice buck, tell her congrats.

White-tail-deer 12-03-2006 06:45 PM

Congrats to you and your daughter!! Nice Buck!!

lead poisoner 12-03-2006 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Guess

Leannna 16 {my oldest daughter} hasn't pulled the trigger on a buck since she was 9 ,she was ready! We set up on a ridge over looking a huge creek bed close to 90 feet straight up and down on our side.I had walked this draw a few days ago and found 2 old sheds and numerous rubs.As soon as Leanna was ready I started a rattling sequence and grunted there were lots of critters stirring so I didn't wait long to make another rattling sequence maybe 10 minutes tops.Shortly after the second sequence I could hear a deer coming from across the draw,it was a buck! Leanna readied for the shot and as the buck stopped about 80 yards across and almost straight down,she got the crosshairs on his neck and squeezed the trigger on my ruger .243 ,the 100 gr.core lokt found it's mark and it was all over .

That looks like a good size body buck.How long do you usually rattle for then stop and waite befor you call again?And do you use the grunt inbetween the rattling or stop all so? Good job you two.

buckhunter14 12-03-2006 07:09 PM

Thats a nice buck, way to go!

fishingbss45 12-03-2006 07:43 PM

Good job

Guess 12-03-2006 09:40 PM

lead poisoner, I mix it up grunt rattle ,grunt while rattling try not to do it the same all the time! If I'm going to stay in the same place I rattle about every 30 minutes for a minute or so.If I'm moving around a lot I rattle about 5 minutes wait 5 and rattle again staying put for about 15 ,inutes then moving on! I have far more dry runs than productive ones.for one the bucks have to be able to hear you and for another they have to be in the mood to come!

GCW 12-04-2006 12:07 AM

Nice deer,congrats