Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Illinois Ice/Snow Blistering Cold, wake up or sleep in? Deer Moving? >

Illinois Ice/Snow Blistering Cold, wake up or sleep in? Deer Moving?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Illinois Ice/Snow Blistering Cold, wake up or sleep in? Deer Moving?

Old 12-01-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Illinois Ice/Snow Blistering Cold, wake up or sleep in? Deer Moving?

Whats everyones take on the cold weather. Where I am at there is about 4" of snow and ice on the ground. Supposed to be blistering cold and 10 degrees at 5 am. Is it worth it or better off to sleep in? Who thinks the deer will be moving, really torn about getting up and heading to the woods for the Illinois shotgun hunt.

270GameOver
Old 12-01-2006, 08:44 PM

Default RE: Illinois Ice/Snow Blistering Cold, wake up or sleep in? Deer Moving?

How many deer are you going to see while you are sleeping?The ones you are dreaming about don't count.lol.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Ice/Snow Blistering Cold, wake up or sleep in? Deer Moving?

Well I would be getting up to shotgun hunt but I'm up here in Kewanee with 1ft.+ of snow and some ice. I heard the roads were worse to the south so I didn't risk going home. The crappy part is that all my hunting gear...boots, insulated coats, pants, etc. is at home so I guess I won't be able to bow hunt until I back home over Christmas.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

I would go. They were moving tonight here in East, Central IL.
Later, Phil B.