Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finding stuff in deer

Old 12-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Finding stuff in deer

I would have to say you did that deer a huge favor, and if he could, he would shake your hand!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 PM

I found a Satelite broadhead in the head of a buck my uncle killed. It was buried under the skin right at the base of the anter with no sign of skull damage.

A muzzleloader slug in the shoulder a doe. There was a terrible infection and limp and the deer was taken because the assumption she would die.

Buckshot pellets in numerous deer rumps.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Spike

my girlfriends brother shot a small buck last year and we found a slug just under it's hide on the one back leg. pretty wild don't know how long it was there. must of been a long shot
Old 12-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Typical Buck

I processed deer with my grandfather he had a butcher shop here in wny. We found all kinds of goodies from slugs to broadheads to arrows parts of a barbed wire fence in one. Probably the best was about 7 inches of antler in ones neck just ran right to one side of the windpipe. Also found some people didn't know jack about field dressing some still had lungs and heart in. Some would literally come in with more mud in chest cavity just gross, leaves, why would any body want to eat that gives me thewillies!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

As I was processing one of my deer, I found a broadhead in one. It was a different type from what I shoot - and my shot was a pass-thru It had a thick layer of gristle around it and was completely healed over.

The nicest buck I ever shot had a lot of buckshot in his neck -- and buckshot isn't permitted for hunting in MD!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

The buck i got this past monday when i walked up to it to gut it had its penis and balls ripped into. The balls were nearly ripped off, and the penis was sticking out of a hole that was ripped by im guessing another bucks horn. The penis was basically skinned and all u could see was the inside of the penis(the part thats usually covered by fur) and about an inch above that was the fur part of the penis with no penis in it. The part that was skinned looked almost rotted and infected. We gutted the deer and sent it to the butcher.. D oy uthink the meet is still good?
Ummm, I think I just a ripple in the force, you know, the feeling of every male who reads this crossing his legs and groaning. Sort of like I just did.

The wierdest thing I found was a small 6 pointer I shot 3 years ago that had been grazed by a shot right under his chin. A flap of fur was hanging and the wound was completely healed. I had a doe a few years ago that had a completely healed over shotgun slug in her neck.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

The buck I shot last rifle season had a broadhead in it back, didn't realize it until I was skinning it.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Alex The Hawk

I found another deer inside the doe I shot ,Amazing !

dont laugh 3 years ago while field dressing a doe shot in early january i found a fetus about 4 inches long
Old 12-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

We found a green arrow vane in the neck meat of a doe. No other sign of injury though.
Yet some insist on neck shots.....
Old 12-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never found anything but since we are on the subject of what deer go through, I have this photo.