Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :) >

Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :)

Old 11-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :)

hahaha. if i did that in NJ they'd either find a way to give me a ticket or ask if i knew i had hit a deer.

extra points for effort and ingenuity on that one.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

These boys had an absolute blast hunting this fall. If you could have seen the area they had to drag this buck out of you'd be impressed. It was back in about the nastiest hole you'd want to see......the kind of places most hunters avoid. It took the 5 of them most of the day to just get it to where they could get the Suburban to, but it didn't discourage them....they went back and two of the other boys got nice bucks also (but they had a 4-wheeler and a pickup when they went back.......they're learning!!!).

As far as the anti-hunter aspect is concerned, they didn't parade around town with the buck like this. It was after dark by the time they got it out and all they did was bring it home and hang it in the one boy's garage. My biggest concern was the meat, but it was fine. The boys skinned and cut up the 3 bucks they took by themselves. I was there to sort of guide them through it, but I never touched a knife.

I'm just happy to see these young hunters out there hunting instead of partying, plunked behind a video game, etc. Another thing that was refreshing was that there was no mention of what the bucks "scored", or any of that stuff. They enjoyed the hunt for the sake of the hunt, being out with friends, etc.

And by the way, they were all staying in a bunkhouse at the ranch where they were hunting. I took a drive out (they were about 25 miles from town) to check in to see what they were up to one afternoon and when I pulled in they were fixing a fence around a haystack that the cows had knocked down. I think they're going to be be a very responsible bunch of hunters.....they just need to do a little more planning!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:23 PM

It is great to hear stories about young people who are behaving responsibly. I does sound like they are a fine bunch of young men.

GSG
Old 11-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

They ment no harm doing that, they probably just didn't want to anger mom and so they improvised! I am positive they wouldn't do that when they are older! Kids are so funny at times!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thatws a nice buck
Old 11-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tatonka

These boys had an absolute blast hunting this fall. If you could have seen the area they had to drag this buck out of you'd be impressed. It was back in about the nastiest hole you'd want to see......the kind of places most hunters avoid. It took the 5 of them most of the day to just get it to where they could get the Suburban to, but it didn't discourage them....they went back and two of the other boys got nice bucks also (but they had a 4-wheeler and a pickup when they went back.......they're learning!!!).

As far as the anti-hunter aspect is concerned, they didn't parade around town with the buck like this. It was after dark by the time they got it out and all they did was bring it home and hang it in the one boy's garage. My biggest concern was the meat, but it was fine. The boys skinned and cut up the 3 bucks they took by themselves. I was there to sort of guide them through it, but I never touched a knife.

I'm just happy to see these young hunters out there hunting instead of partying, plunked behind a video game, etc. Another thing that was refreshing was that there was no mention of what the bucks "scored", or any of that stuff. They enjoyed the hunt for the sake of the hunt, being out with friends, etc.

And by the way, they were all staying in a bunkhouse at the ranch where they were hunting. I took a drive out (they were about 25 miles from town) to check in to see what they were up to one afternoon and when I pulled in they were fixing a fence around a haystack that the cows had knocked down. I think they're going to be be a very responsible bunch of hunters.....they just need to do a little more planning!!!!

Awesome. Sounds like a great bunch of boys there
Old 11-30-2006, 04:43 PM

ROFL, that's great! Kids are great
Old 11-30-2006, 07:16 PM

Great story! What did their mom say about the grill with the spikes sticking up?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jaymac

Great story! What did their mom say about the grill with the spikes sticking up?
And the scratching of the paint from the hooves!! LOL!!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Pictures say a million words.....I'm still laughin my a$$ off!!!!...God Bless 'em, they sound like great kids...We need more kids like that and less of these video game, druggie, trenchcoat mafia retards!!!

Quick Reply: Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.