Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!! >

Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: pahunter1975

I live in Saegertown. The guy this happened to is a patient at the doctors office my mother-in-law works at. He is the biggest bull****ter you could ever meet and I wouldnt believe the guy unless I saw it happen. I know lots of the Amish in the area and there isnt one of them that would do that. It's not the Amish way of life. They shy away from confrontation. There is way more to this story then what is being told. And as far as someone saying they heard that the Amish do that if you hunt on thier property without permission that is not true in the situation I had. Guy living behind my dad sold his land to some Amish guys who then posted it up by the road and on the other side of the property. Not seeing that I was over there during small game season and they came up asking what I was doing there. After apoligizing and explaining the situation I asked if I could hunt there and they said yes. No cracking me in the head with anything or threatening me. That just isnt how they act. I'll post more if my m-i-l finds out anything else.
wow finally a sane voice
but who cares its another 'said this' post and this one is based on ignorance
jews kill babies and drink blood right?[:'(][:'(][:'(]
i grew up near a significant community of amish, and suprisingly to some of you, they are humans.

say someone knocks you down and steals from you and you would kill them as they walk away? course you would get mad but dude.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:11 PM

Sounds like a racist sort of accusation to me. Any witnesses to substantiate that the theves were really Amish? There is alot of tension between mainstream and amish in many areas. Many people don't like the fact that the Amish are able to buy land with cash while other mainstream folks can't seem to make a living in the same rural communities.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:58 PM

I am close friends with the chief of vernon police which happens to be the township this crime supposedly occured in. He told me a few days after it happened that they had discovered that Mr. Hannah had made the entire story up. He will be facing the wrong end of te law now. At least he could have made the story more believable. Who would steal a doe. I could see stealing a big buck.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:43 AM

no suprise here. daniel
Old 12-04-2006, 08:58 AM

I didn't know Amish owned anything mechanical like a gun
Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I figured this story was nonesense. My parents have a lot of Mennonite neighbors. Those folks are not nearly as "traditional" as Amish, but i can't imagine them even arguing over a deer that they had actually shot, let alone using violence to take someone's deer.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:40 AM

Quote by bigton16335: Iam close friends with the chief of vernon police which happens to be the township this crime supposedly occured in. He told me a few days after it happened that they had discovered that Mr. Hannah had made the entire story up. He will be facing the wrong end of te law now. At least he could have made the story more believable. Who would steal a doe. I could see stealing a big buck.

having the benifit of the above I played the link again http://kdka.com/local/local_story_332230206.html

he said: I was in...ah thickets..open woods. How can he be in thickets and open woods??