Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!! >

Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

I know around Indiana, they hunt at night! I shouldn't pf said that, now I'll never kill a buck. I'll probabley have the Amish Mafia after me. On a serious note I hope they catch those guys.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

When I first read this in our newspaper I thought I can't believe it. As I got to thinking about it I wondered if the guy may have been tresspassing on their land. If he was I think things might change a little bit as far as what charges could be placed on those Amish men. Still it is very serious what these men did. I can't wait to see a follow up story. I live in the Meadville area.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:45 PM

story should read as follows:

"as the three men walked away with the deer the determined hunter then drew his trusty wheelgun and ended the day with four trophies"
Old 11-29-2006, 04:05 PM

Seems like a fairly good trade off. We ( Non-Amish) shoot up their school houses and kids and they steal our deer.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats the reason why I have a 357 with 7 HPs under my bibs, not that we have any Amish around here.....We do have Hutterites though
Old 11-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Fork Horn

if it were me the taking the deer i would have blown off even though it is crappy to have happen but it they would have hitme my 1911 would have put 3 buttholes down that is the bull_____ part of it
Old 11-30-2006, 05:21 AM

This doesn't surprise me, I already had my share of run-ins with amish hunters this year. For some reason they think the rules don't apply to them at all, and they can hunt wherever and whenever they want and kill as many deer as they want. I had the privilage of watching a young amish boy hunting by himself while wearing his straw hat with no orange on the hat, he was wearing an orange vest but underneath was an almost white shirt! (In PA you have to be wearing 250sq inches of Orange on your head, chest and back combined during rifle season) He came to the edge of a field that our camp owns and proceeded to look to see if there were any deer out there that he could shoot. Now he was on his own property but I believe that if a deer was out in that field he would have shot at it. I have many stories much worse than this such as the amish man from the area I grew up who was caught with a barn full of dead deer. 50-100 deer he killed illegally! I know there are truely good amish out there, but there are a number of them who run around and act like idiots and then hide behind their religion seem to be growing.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

all i want to know is what in the hell did he shoot? if one guy could put the deer on his shoulders and walk out with it are you sure he didn't shoot thier pet? lol lol lol all i know is unless you knock the spots off one here in ohio you ain't gonna put it on your shoulder and walk out with it.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well im a deputy up here in Michigan and i hope they catch the guys that did this Amish or not.. But slamming all Amish is not the the way to go, There are 4 Amish boys that hunt the farm i hunt in ILL. and they are wonderfull men that even QDM without being told to. There are just as many idots out there that arent Amish as there is with any type of hunters or should i say poachers.. Walt
Old 11-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just be glad they didn't decide to do the old Amish Deliverance routine.[8D]

Quick Reply: Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.