Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WISCONSIN BEAST - A MUST SEE!

Old 12-14-2006, 12:24 AM

Default RE: WISCONSIN BEAST - A MUST SEE!

wow that thing looks like a moose what a wide rack that is one huge buck.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:15 AM

All I can say is that's a buck of a LIFETIME, WOW
Old 02-01-2007, 06:49 PM

Ok i'm going to try and clear everything up. I am the shooter's nephew, I was there the day it was killed, and I saw it after it was wounded but i never got a shot off. It was opening day, and the drivers were waiting to start the first drive...it was light out, but still a little too dark to be in the woods. And to whoever said they hate people that start driving that early...that is how we hunt. We start at first light and go all day. We only have 200 acres to hunt on (alot to some but not alot to others.) And we are not trophy hunters...we shoot just about any deer that comes out. We hunt for the meat. Well after it was hit, we tracked it for probably another 3/4 mile, and it fell off a 15 foot high cliff onto the road, which broke his jaw, which is why it looks so messed up in the pictures. After the fall, it got up and continued running until it was finally finished off. As for the chip on the horn, we're pretty sure it was hit by someone else in the group, notfrom dragging it, and not a drop tine.After we shot it, we did what we always do when we get a deer...clean it up and start the next drive.And since my uncles/dad are always in a hurry,plus it was warm that saturday,they insisted that weskin it that night instead of taking good pictures. And about the Cabela's rumor, he was never offered any money from anyone. We are getting replica's made, and we will sell the replica's, but for right now, the original antler's aren't for sale.When we took it to the taxidermist, he gaveit a gross score of 202, with a 29 7/8 spread. He weighed only 204, but we figure he was easily 250 before rut. And the taxidermistis pretty sure it's a 41/2 yr old, but one tooth indicatesit might be 5 1/2. I believe it's getting officially scored next week.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

In the first picture with the older fellow the deer looks retarded like the eyes dont look right to me but that just me.
He does look like he has a deer variant of Down syndrome, but the story about falling off the cliff explains the looks.

Great buck none the less! Congrats on having the luck to find it and the sphincter tone to shoot it with clean pants!
Old 02-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: cmkibler

I know why the deers' eyes are droopy........The deer was so tired from dragging that huge rack around all the time. He was probably happy to be shot. Nice deer.
Good one!!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Manson

This is the story I heard from a buddy of the Nephew of John, so if it is at all wrong, please say something...

29 1/2" Wide, 15 points. Taken by John Filla near Arcadia/Independence, Wis., opening morning, at 6:45. If someone knows more, please add. HUGE is all I can say.

The middle Picture looks to be a different Deer to me! Compare the Antlers!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:03 AM

Why are you shooting the little ones? Let them grow!

J/K - Man, that's like the Chao Ming of deer.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: boheim

Ok i'm going to try and clear everything up. I am the shooter's nephew, I was there the day it was killed, and I saw it after it was wounded but i never got a shot off. It was opening day, and the drivers were waiting to start the first drive...it was light out, but still a little too dark to be in the woods. And to whoever said they hate people that start driving that early...that is how we hunt. We start at first light and go all day. We only have 200 acres to hunt on (alot to some but not alot to others.) And we are not trophy hunters...we shoot just about any deer that comes out. We hunt for the meat. Well after it was hit, we tracked it for probably another 3/4 mile, and it fell off a 15 foot high cliff onto the road, which broke his jaw, which is why it looks so messed up in the pictures. After the fall, it got up and continued running until it was finally finished off. As for the chip on the horn, we're pretty sure it was hit by someone else in the group, notfrom dragging it, and not a drop tine.After we shot it, we did what we always do when we get a deer...clean it up and start the next drive.And since my uncles/dad are always in a hurry,plus it was warm that saturday,they insisted that weskin it that night instead of taking good pictures. And about the Cabela's rumor, he was never offered any money from anyone. We are getting replica's made, and we will sell the replica's, but for right now, the original antler's aren't for sale.When we took it to the taxidermist, he gaveit a gross score of 202, with a 29 7/8 spread. He weighed only 204, but we figure he was easily 250 before rut. And the taxidermistis pretty sure it's a 41/2 yr old, but one tooth indicatesit might be 5 1/2. I believe it's getting officially scored next week.
Keep us posted on them results, and thanks for clearing everything up.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Manson

This is the story I heard from a buddy of the Nephew of John, so if it is at all wrong, please say something...

29 1/2" Wide, 15 points. Taken by John Filla near Arcadia/Independence, Wis., opening morning, at 6:45. If someone knows more, please add. HUGE is all I can say.

The middle Picture looks to be a different Deer to me! Compare the Antlers!
you can tell its the same deer by the chip on the right beam
Old 02-03-2007, 04:02 PM

holy crap.Thats a monster

Quick Reply: WISCONSIN BEAST - A MUST SEE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.