Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Cabelas
42.50%
Bass Pro Shops
10.00%
Gander Mountain
17.50%
Dicks Sporting Goods
7.50%
Other(Local Shop,Walmart,Etc)
22.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Which Do You Prefer???

Old 11-26-2006, 08:54 AM

Default Which Do You Prefer???

Hey guys just wanted to know what everyones preferance was. I would have to say it is Gander Mountain, there staff knew what they were talking about very well trained and it seems like they always have what I need and the store is always very clean. When voting keep in mind Staff experiance , appearance of store, and merchandise in stock.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Do You Prefer???

For an informed staff, products available, decent prices and nice mounts its hard to beat Gander Mountain.

Stores like Cabelas and Bass Pro have that too, but are over priced. Their store look alot nicer but you pay for that.

I'll admit that I find better prices at Walmart and Dick's than Gander Mountain, though. They just don't have as many products there.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

our wal-mart sucks. they cut back on their sporting goods department. i think there is maybe one complete isle of hunting stuff. they even cut back on the fishing department, they quit selling firearms and they done away with lay-away. i dunno if every wal-mart has done this or just ours.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

For all of my archery needs : I go to my local pro shop ( Bass - n - Sport ) can't beat the personel attention I get from the owner.
As for the other stuff like sents , calls and everthing else I'll get it at a local Meijer or Dunham's Sporting Good's.
Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops are way to exspensive for me.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I have to say Dick's Sporting Goods because I work there. It is hard not to buy my stuff there when I get a discount. I probably wouldn't have purchased a lot of my toys this year had I not gotten them at a reduced price. The sales people there are so nice too! Not to pat myself on the back too hard. I do have to say that I did go to Walmart this year because Dick's didn't have some stuff I wanted.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cabela's, first and foremost. They have everything I need and I order through the internet. If there was a Cabela's store nearby, I'd lose my mind or probably end up divorced!

Locally, I go to Green Top Sporting Goods north of Richmond, VA. They are like a mini Cabela's or Bass Pro, but theycan get packed to capacity with shoppers.

Dick's Sporting Goods is okay, but don't have the most/best selection of supplies. If I'm out and about and nearby a mall, I'll swing by and check out what they have on sale.

Wal-Mart? No... I don't go to Wal-Mart's hunting section. Too many clueless people and even the clerks too! Besides that, {please don't take this wrong...} as a 45 year old white male, if I walk into my local Wal-Mart, I instantly become a minority. SPEAK ENGLISH,D**MIT!!!!! [:@]

Butch A.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:23 PM

i love our gander mountain. i go to walmart for a lot of my stuff too but you have to know what youre doing becuase the people working there never know what they are talking about.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like cabelas. Nothing NOTHING comes close to there selection Cabelas and basspro but i prefer cabelas. and there prices are not as inflated as most think just compare and im always getting coupons in the mail for 20.00 off 100.00 orders or more and stuff like that and they dont have sales Tax so its good for me.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

First I go to my local bow shop! Then for gun stuff I go to Cabelas & Jays Sporting goods! I wouldn't set foot in a walmart for anything even if it was for free!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:19 PM

Bass Pro is sometimes cheaper than Cabelas, but when you order something from them you get it a week sooner. For that I put Cabelas a notch above Bass Pro.

Quick Reply: Which Do You Prefer???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.