Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pa Opening Day

Old 11-25-2006, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa Opening Day

I hope to get out Monday at least.I missed the whole archery season for medical reasons and I'm hoping I can shoot a rifle.I'd hate to miss the whole hunting season
Old 11-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Im hunting just outside of rome in ulster.Saw 24 today 4 bucks but only 1 was legal but couldnt get a shot.Not a lot of shooting overall.I was real surprised the deer were moving so much with the warm weather.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

went out with dad this morning, only saw one deer. I had the video cam but could not get him on video. I pointed out the deer to dad and said looks like a buck. He took position and said he was legal but had a goofy looking rack. dad is a trophy hunter and normally wont shoot anything small. He said he was limping then he took the shot. when we got up to it he was a 5 point missing his left front leg right below the knee. we are not good at judging age but we both agreed that it was over 3 1/2 due to the size of the body, head and had some ware on the teeth.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

this is the way the rack grew, prolly due to the fact he was missing his leg, but he was also old. we dont feel bad about taking this one out of the gene pool.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

another

Old 11-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

the missing leg

Old 11-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

No doubt a good thing to get him out of the genepool.I hunted today from daylight til dusk and saw 9, only one buck and that was a spike.A guy that i know killed a 300 pound bear this morning across the road from where i hunt.Well be back out saturday.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

downtown, that was a good buck to take, no doubt. Kudos to you and your father.

I actually a good opening day. I saw a dandy buck...all natural, came out at 8 and fed for a few minutes. I had the landowner out since I was tagged out from bow season. He put a stalk on him and despite scoping him twice, he wasn't comfortable with the shot so he didn't take it, 50 yards but too thick. I commended him on his decision and shoot his hand and said, "sometimes it's just an honor to see a buck like that".
Old 11-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out opening day got a decent sized 6 point.. fairly skinny deer though.. shot him around 12:45.. think he got in a fight with an older buck because his nuts were nearly ripped off.. and his member was sticking out of a different hole than it should have.. Got him in Mckean County..
Old 11-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: downtown

this is the way the rack grew, prolly due to the fact he was missing his leg, but he was also old. we dont feel bad about taking this one out of the gene pool.

i dont think his genes had anything to do with his antlers, it was all about his injury, and he cant past that on to his fawns.
either way cool lookin deer!

Quick Reply: Pa Opening Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.