Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 FINALLY got my first deer (small 3 pointer) >

FINALLY got my first deer (small 3 pointer)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

FINALLY got my first deer (small 3 pointer)

Old 11-23-2006, 06:44 AM

Default RE: FINALLY got my first deer (small 3 pointer)

Congrats! You can't replace the feeling you get when you get your first one.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Your first one is one you'll always remember
Old 11-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

CONGRATS on the buck Butch and a good story thank you for sharring ... and now YOU DA MAN !!

dd
Old 11-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrat's Butch!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations! A memory you will enjoy for many years to come!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Site Buck Guru

Now you tell me..... How exciting was that??? I'll bet your heart was just about beating out of your chest. Do you think that you'll want to try that again?

Congradulations!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats the first is always memorable
Old 11-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Butch! It seems to get a little easier after you get the first one, it all starts coming together. Nice story, too!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

Now you tell me..... How exciting was that??? I'll bet your heart was just about beating out of your chest. Do you think that you'll want to try that again?

Congradulations!
LOL!!!! I remember two special moments, one funny, one serious.

(1) 7:30am.... BOOM! I shot the small spike/3 pointer. I turned around and laid my Marlin 30-30 on the fallen log and had to calm down. My heart was racing and I was still shaking. I called my wife on my cell phone (surprisingly enough, I got a signal). My wife must have thought I had gotten into a bad accident. I was like, "Oh my God, oh my God, honey, I did it...{hyperventilating} I just got a deer! Looks like a small buck, but I finally got one!". Wife: "What?I couldn't understand you at first. Calm down..." Me (calmer): "Honey I did it... I got a deer!!!". Wife: "That's great! I guess I need to rearrange the chest freezer huh?".

(2) Afterwards, after I gave the deer time to expire and wait for the guys to get up the ridge... I knelt down beside the deer, removed my hat, put my hand on his chest and said, "Thank you". Then with the guys standing all around me, and with a huge lump in my throat, I looked up to the sky and said, "Look Pop, I did it!" and got a little choked up. One of the guys put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Hey, it's okay... Granddaddy (founder of the deer camp) is looking down too and smiling and saying, "You done good kid, you got your first deer".

I know one thing, there is no greater feeling in the world than having everything finally come together for a successful hunt! [8D]

Butch A.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:01 PM

Come'on...nothing wrong with a spike buck...or a doe. Great eating...you remember don't you? ...man's first reason to hunt...for food!?? If you want to hunt easy, just set up a tree stand overlooking a green field and wait. The deer will show up and you pull the trigger. BIG DEAL!!!! When you Still hunt and whack one with a .30-30 over open sights ...you've hunted. Its a WIN!!!!. A classic deer hunt!!! Take pride with your hunt, you did it the old fashion way. Good for you!

Quick Reply: FINALLY got my first deer (small 3 pointer)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.