Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bow hunting after gun season

Old 11-21-2006, 05:55 PM
nap

Default Bow hunting after gun season

Forall you bow hunters out their, I'd like to now if hunting after gun season is worth it? Will I have a better chance at getting a deer?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:57 PM

Default RE: Bow hunting after gun season

i dont know about your chances but i just use it for another time to get out in the woods. it is more challenging though because of all the clothing.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to wait a couple of weeks after gun season and go back to the bow and had some luck. Then a few years ago they added a week to the gun season and also 2 doe weekends before and after Christmas. Now it's almost not worth it cause the deer don't have much time to settle down.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:12 PM

In my area there are alot of bow only areas that are public. These areas don`t get any pressure during gun season, so we try to hunt them after gun season because other than the few die-hard bow hunters, everyone else takes a vacation from hunting for a few weeks. The bow only areas have been untouched for all of gun season.