Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 BIG Buck Pics From Missouri Opening weekend >

BIG Buck Pics From Missouri Opening weekend

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BIG Buck Pics From Missouri Opening weekend

Old 11-21-2006, 08:23 AM

Default BIG Buck Pics From Missouri Opening weekend

Here are the 2 bucks that we harvested on private land in southern Missouri. both are the biggest bucks ever taken off the property.

The tall 9 pointer was taken by my sister in law at about 8:20 in the morning. It was preceded by a group of 5 deer, a doe and a yearling, 2 button bucks and another doe. The momma and the baby came out first, about 10 yards from our stand. The little onebusted us, and they headed off behind our tree.One button buck came out next, and stopped directly below our tree. He kept looking back into the thicket, and circled back up the ridge. The next button buck came out and did thesame thing as button buck #1.We anticipated another deer coming out, and only had to wait about 5 minutes before this tall boy came out.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/jedi500/buck1.jpg

The 2nd buck was mine, taken at 8:22 on Sunday. A huge doe came over the ridge and stopped about 25 yds from my tree stand. She had her tail in the air, so I decided to hold off for a minute and see if she had a trailer. Sure enough this bruiser came right up the hollow. I saw mass.......and dropped him in his tracks. I thought he was a goner, but he kept getting back up. I didn't want this one running off since we border public land, so I drew a bead on his neck and let another one fly. As fate would have it, he dropped his head as soon as I pulled the trigger......perfect shot, right through the base of the left antler. I didn't realize the mass this puppy had until I climbed down from the tree.......unbelieveable charachter, with a split tine, and lots of stickers.

My biggest buck by far.......I wish I hadn't ruined the cape, I would have loved to hang this one on the wall.

Thanks for reading fellas, good luck with your hunts!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/jedi500/Buck2.jpg

Here is another view of the split tines, what do you all think it would score?? Not a very wide spread, only about 10'
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/jedi500/Picture018.jpg

and another:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Picture017.jpg
Old 11-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pics From Missouri Opening weekend

nice bucks
Old 11-21-2006, 10:59 AM

Are you stationed in MO? Nice bucks. I'm stationed at Ft. Wood, there has some big ones killed down here. I'm AF too. See ya
Old 11-21-2006, 11:08 AM

Plumbob,

No, I'm not stationed in Mo, I'm actually in Florida (hurlburt). My in-laws have some property in the Mark Twain national forest, and its a yearly trip from wherever we are stationed for deer season.

Next year will be a special one.......my oldest son will finally be old enough to play hooky from school and go hunting!

Old 11-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: BIG Buck Pics From Missouri Opening weekend

Excellent Job! Congrat's
Old 11-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bucks, way to go!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:23 PM

Some nice deer, I've got a bunch of friends here that just left Hurburlt. Congrats again
Old 11-21-2006, 08:55 PM

USAF... What area were you hunting in Mark Twain, theres a lot of M T forest near here. Those are both a couple nice bucks, congrats!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

GREAT DEER!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

great deer, congrats

Quick Reply: BIG Buck Pics From Missouri Opening weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.