.Anyway after a shower and reading a page in field and..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I got one Yesterday.  8 pointer >

I got one Yesterday. 8 pointer

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I got one Yesterday. 8 pointer

Old 11-20-2006, 05:08 PM

Default I got one Yesterday. 8 pointer

I was hunting at my house yesterday morning in southeast Cherokee county when I got this guy. Here's the story:
I got up at 5:30am (actually woke up) and then got out of bed around 6:00 :.Anyway after a shower and reading a page in field and stream the sun started sneakin' over the horizon. that was OK though because I needed to pick out a tree (I satOTG the day before annd saw deer that I couldn't get a shot at)and the deer sleep in around here anyway (no seriously they do) So at like 8:00 my Phone goes off and it's not on vibrate:banginghe and I look up and see a deer moving away at a trot abut 100 yards away. that's nice. About 9:00 the wind is picking up and stating swirl some then I see a Doe followed by two little ones come running over the hill making a bee line for me they slowed to a slow lope as they hopped the ditch and started making their way up the hill toward me, momma hit my scent hit the brakes and did a 180 without missing a beat. The twins were probably the twin button bucks I had seen alot during Bow season. I finally got mom to stop with the "maaa" thing, right behing a tree. All I could see was the tip of her nose and her tail. At least she was broadside. they took off into some pines and went out of sight. 20-30 minutes later a lone buck comes over the hill with his head to the ground following the doe's trail. he was a younger deer with wierd rack typical left side 3 points but the right was wierdIt had a brow tine and then it was bent out and almost looked like a club on the end? I let him walk. then at like 10:30ish I saw buck to my right near where the other had been last. I kept loseing him through the sticks, twigs, and branches. Finally I got a glimpse of a rack and knew it wasn't buck number 1. He kept disappearing and I still diddn't know If he was one I might want (this season). He was starting to move away from me and Of course I had forgot to put my grunt tube around my neck and the can in my pocket. I started franticly searching though my pack not worried about movement, the Wind was blowing pretty good causeing limbs to sway and move plus, if I diddn't do something quick I wasn't going to see anymore of this deer. I finally found the True Talker, I put around my neck and put my pack under my seat on the platform of my lone wolf sit and climb. They face away from the tree, the deer were to my right and I'm right handed so a shot would be awkward. I stood up and turned around and sat on the bar you climb with. I found him through the brush again, still moving away browseing on acorns or somthing mabye just sniffing around but not in a big hurry(lucky for me) I started grunting the wind was blowing too hard, He couldn't hear me [:@]. I was getting desprate I kept grunting, keeping an eye on him through my scope. I was grunting and grunting as loud as I could, the wind pause for a few seconds the grunting hasn't stopped for two minutes (not one long one but lots of short ones) FINALY I saw his head shoot up, One more good grunt shoud set the hook. "Urrrph" YEA got 'em he's on the way! (start corny suspenseful background music) I get a good look of him facing me and say to myself outloud,"that's a good buck"
He steped into an opening maybe 50 yards away. The crosshairs settled in the kill zone center of the lungs, And 30'06 roared to life. I looked up and there was two deer running. "There was a moment of concern I guess I just diddn't notice the other one. I did shoot the right one right? Yes I confirmed that was the one I wanted. ", this thought process all happend within second. one of the running deer was slowing and his smaller racked buddy passed him on the high side. mean while my hand slamed another round in the chamber and I "aimed" pulled off another shot.(later confirmed a miss [&:]) The second shot probaly wasn't neccicary because immidiately afterwards he slowed to a walk, that lasted about a step and a half, then he hit the dirt. he floped once or twice the was still. I guess his buddy had the no deer left behind policy, cause he stuck around for a few minutes trying to wake him up and smelling him. I'm not sure if it was the First buck. after Five minutes I diddn't care if he saw me and I started making phone calls.
My guess put's him at 3.5 years old. Yea, Iknow he would have been hot stuff next season but, this is the best buck I've got a good look at this season and I've been hunting hard. I only missed like one or two weekends since the start of bow season (September thewhatth?)and Iv'e been a lot during the week too.(college )
He was aound 15 inches wide, but he's got some mass, and had a little something comin off of his right G2, I haven't decided if It counts so I've been calling him an 8.

He's not as big as This one I got here last year but he's going on the wall any way

Old 11-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I got one Yesterday. 8 pointer

Great buck and a really good story.

Zach
Old 11-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

great buck man congrats
Old 11-21-2006, 12:18 AM

Thanks Yall wow a thread can get burried fast on here. I kind of though I might get a few more replies[&:].
Old 11-21-2006, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats
Old 11-21-2006, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

nice buck
Old 11-21-2006, 04:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Way to go! Good Job! Congrat's
Old 11-21-2006, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go, nice!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck. Sounds like a great hunt. Congrats.
I like the dark on his face. Great looking deer.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

GREAT Buck dude, I'd be proud of that one

Quick Reply: I got one Yesterday. 8 pointer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.