Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I hate illinois gun season

Old 11-18-2006, 03:46 PM

Default I hate illinois gun season

I can't stand the Illinois gun season. I'm glad to see al the hunters in the woods. It shows a great amount of intrest...but...I don't know what gets into people. I got permission to hunt a peace of property. To my knowledge i was goin to be the only one hunting. Well This morning at about 10 I found out otherwise. Turns out another guy got permission from the other half of the property owners. There are two owners, a brother and sister... they don't talk much. The property would have been big enough for the both of us. but it seems he invited three of his buddies...and by 10 AM they were already making a dent in a case of beer they brought out. So... I'm here and my minds on that property. I'm not hunting anywhere near some guys with guns and alcohol.
I just am to frustrated not to post this...sorry
Old 11-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I hate illinois gun season

Thats why I haven't been in the woods this weekend. I always use this weekend to take a break and get some rest. My season will open up again monday when the orange army is out of the woods.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:42 PM

Im sorry to hear that. I see this happening in many places, but i am lucky enough to hunt on my grandmas farm property. I know who hunts there and where they hunt before i get into my stand. I talked to one of my dads buddies today and he hunts on someones property as well. All he saw when he hunted were half a dozen guys (most of them were from the city) walking the woods near his stand. They also setup camp in the woods where they were hunting . And when one of them walked under his stand, he told him what thought and it wasnt very nice. Basically, people need to mind other peoples space in the woods, and dont mix alcohol and guns, it just isnt a good idea.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats why I haven't been in the woods this weekend. I always use this weekend to take a break and get some rest. My season will open up again monday when the orange army is out of the woods.
Ditto.

Although I am going to take a drive and try to find a bow-only DNR-owned chunk of land tomorrow just to try something new.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

I try to catch up on a little house workplus there'sto many people out there for me!
I like the public land better after the first gun season seems like half of the bowhunters quit hunting.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:30 PM

sooo everyone here is against gun season???
Old 11-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope I'm not against it. Ijust don't enjoy it like I do bowhunting. And since I have hunted hard since Oct. 1 I need a weekend to relax anyway.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

Nope I'm not against it. Ijust don't enjoy it like I do bowhunting. And since I have hunted hard since Oct. 1 I need a weekend to relax anyway.
My thoughts exactly!

I may go out with my muzzle loader but I would rather be out with the bow. I go out with the rifle in Tennessee over Thanksgiving weekend.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hammerman

I go out with the rifle in Tennessee over Thanksgiving weekend

I will also go out with my rifle in WV over thanksgiving weekend when I go home to visit my folks. Mostly to get out with my old man.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:46 AM

From all the traffic last Friday I thought everyone in IL came up here to WI to hunt.