HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   I hate illinois gun season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/165806-i-hate-illinois-gun-season.html)

WalkSoft 11-18-2006 03:46 PM

I hate illinois gun season

I can't stand the Illinois gun season. I'm glad to see al the hunters in the woods. It shows a great amount of intrest...but...I don't know what gets into people. I got permission to hunt a peace of property. To my knowledge i was goin to be the only one hunting. Well This morning at about 10 I found out otherwise. Turns out another guy got permission from the other half of the property owners. There are two owners, a brother and sister... they don't talk much. The property would have been big enough for the both of us. but it seems he invited three of his buddies...and by 10 AM they were already making a dent in a case of beer they brought out. So... I'm here and my minds on that property. I'm not hunting anywhere near some guys with guns and alcohol.
I just am to frustrated not to post this...sorry

goherd1111 11-18-2006 05:35 PM

RE: I hate illinois gun season

Thats why I haven't been in the woods this weekend. I always use this weekend to take a break and get some rest. My season will open up again monday when the orange army is out of the woods.

jasuch86 11-18-2006 05:42 PM

Im sorry to hear that. I see this happening in many places, but i am lucky enough to hunt on my grandmas farm property. I know who hunts there and where they hunt before i get into my stand. I talked to one of my dads buddies today and he hunts on someones property as well. All he saw when he hunted were half a dozen guys (most of them were from the city) walking the woods near his stand. They also setup camp in the woods where they were hunting :eek:. And when one of them walked under his stand, he told him what thought and it wasnt very nice;). Basically, people need to mind other peoples space in the woods, and dont mix alcohol and guns, it just isnt a good idea.

Greg / MO 11-18-2006 06:11 PM

Thats why I haven't been in the woods this weekend. I always use this weekend to take a break and get some rest. My season will open up again monday when the orange army is out of the woods.
Ditto.

Although I am going to take a drive and try to find a bow-only DNR-owned chunk of land tomorrow just to try something new.

hammerman 11-18-2006 06:44 PM

I try to catch up on a little house workplus there'sto many people out there for me!
I like the public land better after the first gun season seems like half of the bowhunters quit hunting.

Deer Slayin Fool 11-18-2006 07:30 PM

sooo everyone here is against gun season???

goherd1111 11-18-2006 07:43 PM

Nope I'm not against it. Ijust don't enjoy it like I do bowhunting. And since I have hunted hard since Oct. 1 I need a weekend to relax anyway.

hammerman 11-18-2006 08:34 PM

Nope I'm not against it. Ijust don't enjoy it like I do bowhunting. And since I have hunted hard since Oct. 1 I need a weekend to relax anyway.
My thoughts exactly!

I may go out with my muzzle loader but I would rather be out with the bow. I go out with the rifle in Tennessee over Thanksgiving weekend.

goherd1111 11-19-2006 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: hammerman

I go out with the rifle in Tennessee over Thanksgiving weekend

I will also go out with my rifle in WV over thanksgiving weekend when I go home to visit my folks. Mostly to get out with my old man.

Mundt 11-20-2006 11:46 AM

From all the traffic last Friday I thought everyone in IL came up here to WI to hunt.