Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Snap ; Snap ; Trash ; Boom !!! >

Snap ; Snap ; Trash ; Boom !!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Snap ; Snap ; Trash ; Boom !!!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:07 AM

Default Snap ; Snap ; Trash ; Boom !!!

Yesterday afternoon I went to check and re-bait my hog trap.I had not intended to hunt any. when I got to my blind I looked down the lane about 200 yards and saw a deer feeding.I put my scope on it and saw it was a shooter.he was feeding away from me ;So I got ready to shoot and bleated at him.he didn't hear me(the wind was blowing about 25 mph.)I did it again real loud,he turned his head and looked around.then he turned quartering away.I put it behind the shoulder and pulled.O MY GOSH; I heard a big SNAP; he walked along,again I got it on him; SNAP. I think dam he gonna get away from me.whats wrong with my Browning? by now he is 225 yards from me.
I tossed it in the seat and picked up Barbara's Remington.her stock is real short,to fit her arms.I had a time to get him in the scope.finally just as he was going into the brush,I pulled the trigger ;BOOM ; that one fired :he left in a hurry.
I got to where I hit him and found a double handful of paunch material; O MY GOSH I have gut shot him. (I was really nervous after snapping twice).I walked the trail a couple steps,more paunch material, no blood,then down the trail 15 yards I see him laying there with a small hole just behind the shoulder at the point of the knee.(perfect hit) .he had to have turn to me just a little as I made the shot.hit low and took out the heart and came out behind the third rib.hitting the front of the paunch.

man was I a nervous happy guy that I hadn't gut shot him.final distance was 230 yards.

heres a couple of me with him and one of my mother with him.

«
Old 11-17-2006, 07:26 AM

Default RE: Snap ; Snap ; Trash ; Boom !!!

Congrats!!!!!! you have more patience than I ..... I would have smashed that gun over a rock after the second misfire!
Old 11-17-2006, 08:08 AM

Nice deer! my buddy just bought a new browning and fired 6 shots sighting it in and the firing pin broke. Afteronly six shots!!Maybe a fluke or maybe quality control has gone down? Glad you had time to still make the shot!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: salty

Congrats!!!!!! you have more patience than I ..... I would have smashed that gun over a rock after the second misfire!
Been there, done that! [:@] []
Old 11-17-2006, 11:10 AM

Needless to say I would be looking in to why the rifle did not fire. Not too long ago I had just finished reloading some 45 ACP shells the day before I went out to shoot. My third trigger pull on my HK USP resulted in a snap and no boom. I pulled the trigger again and nothing. I held the gun out in front of me for about a minuite before I dropped the magazine and ejected the shell where I could see that the pin had hit the primer without it going off. Later I used a de-seating hammer to eject the bullet and powder and then very carefully used the press to pop the primer out. For whatever reason it just did not go off, it had no internal damage and it had not gotten wet, but it just did not go off.