Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Rocky Mountain Mule Deer

Old 11-16-2006, 02:27 PM

Default My Rocky Mountain Mule Deer

I was going to stay home because the winds were gusting to 60 knots, but the urge to hunt was strong andNOAA Weather Radio said the winds were going to calm down later in the day.

I found this mule deer tending a doe at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. I took off my backpack and went prone using it for a rest and fired my .300 WSM BLR at 203 yards, one shot.

A short while later I noticed blood on my nose and knew the scope had whacked me, even though I never felt anything. Here is my deer:

Below is a picture of the Rocky Mountain Front with Sawtooth Ridge in the background. I was really looking for a big whitetail, but decided it was too late in the season to push my luck.

What is really interesting about the next two pictures is this is an old rock formation used by the mountain men as one of their "Rendezvous" spots 150 years ago

Have a great day and good hunting! MV out.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:35 PM

Default RE: My Rocky Mountain Mule Deer

Those are some awesome pics and a very nice buck. Good 4x4 and by the sounds of it you need a longer stock on your gun or to adjust where you scope is sitting on your gun.Congrats
Old 11-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go!! NIce pictures!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pictures, I miss going to the Rockies. I used to live in Farmington New Mexico and we would go out to the Rockies all the time just to hang out and go camping for the weekend! Beautiful deer by the way!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:19 PM

I love hunting my KY land, but some of these pics you guys post are just beautiful, where i hunt there are houses going up on the other side of the creek and you can hear cars and know that your less than 500 yards away from civilization, i would love to be able to go somewhere that remote, i mean you have the freakin rockies in the background, how cool is that, by the way, nice buck you got yourself there,