Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone got a good hunting story? >

Anyone got a good hunting story?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone got a good hunting story?

Old 11-14-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Anyone got a good hunting story?

I love reading stories about other hunters and the hunts they have... there is another topic like this but I can't find it any more so just post your stories here..fork
Mine is when 4 spikes and fork horn came out!!!!! with no does! I was sure a doe would come out but it didn't. I was down right stunned! My dad never got a good shot at the spikes,and I don't hunt black powder... and it was getting dark.. and besides its good because thay needed to grow !!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:46 PM

Default RE: Anyone got a good hunting story?

hey, anyone got a story??? if so post it here or if you can find it that other post with stories on it lol
Old 11-20-2006, 08:08 PM

alright well one evening i was hunting and i had a big buck behind me this is durring bow season and it was like 50 yards away so not a comfortable shot for me and it was chasing a doe i tryed to use my young buck grunts to see if it yould try to come out and take on a challenge not knowing that there was a little spike infront of me mindyou and then i started hearing the little guy so i turned around to see the small deer and the big buck came running out of the woods to chase off the spike and i ended up missing my oportunity at a great deer but it happens and when the big buck left the spike beded rite under my tree and i had to spray it with water to get it to leave.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 PM

no one esle is posting and im bored so i have some more one evening i was hunting across from the stand where the last incident took place and i had a bunch of small bucks running around the woods behind me looking for does and i had my little can call so i was just messing with them and i was able to ceep this one fork horn in view all morning because every time he would get about 100 yards off i would tip the can and he would come sprinting in and he did this all morning about 30 times and this is behiend me of course and ime looking infront every once and a while just to see if anything is there and one time i turned around and there was a huge buck standing looking dead at me and i knew i had no chance at getting my bow because i was busted i have alot more because ive spent alot of times in the woods but i will let others tell some if they ever do.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:45 PM

Have got 2 13 year old apprentice hunters in our deer camp this week. Season openned today. Nephew tagged an 8 point this morning and his buddy Scott tagged a 5 point soon after. (Apprentice hunter must hunt with an adult over 18 and you share a firearm)

Was sitting in the blind this morning with Scott when we heard several shots from the adjoining property about 9:30(2 brothers own that property, theyre strictly trophy hunters and manage theyre land with plots, mineralsetc.., we have very good relationship with them,, we allow tracking on both properties,, and in some areas you can shoot over the fenceline.)

2-3 minutesafter the shots wehad a massive 12 point bed down 60 or so yards away and I put one through its shoulder.. Got out of the blind walked up on it and its guts were hanging out. Rolled it over and saw another hole in it..

Scott was freaking out its huge,, its huge! I showed him the hole,, what does this mean Scott? I dont know,, its been shot already?? Yep your right,,, lets go find out who shot it, ok?? we followed the blood trail back too the fence line,, the neighbour got out of his blind and walked over..

Dave,, did you shoot a buck that hopped the fence a little while ago? I shot at one,, but I thought I missed it,, no? Scott then said no you got it... we had too finish it off,,, but you got it,,, and its huge!

Scott just got an open invitation too hunt our land and the adjoining land anytime he wants... Tomorrow the nephew and Scott have been invited too hunt ion the managed land with the neighbours.

The buck should easily win the local deer contest,, Neighbour says Scott is going too get the rifle if he wins the contest.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

Swamp thing, thats a pretty cool story. Good to hear about the "good" neighbors for a change after all the problems we have been hearing about here lately.

I really don't have a good story to tell. Last Monday when I shot my doe, I was climbing up my ladder stand and jumped a squirrel who was sitting on my seat having his lunch. I think I scared him enough he left me a puddle of pee on the left side of the seat! I was going to wipe it off but figured since it's a 2 man stand I would just leave it alone since I wasn't sitting on that side. Makes for a little extra scent cover. I shot my doe about 40 minutes later.
Brandon
Old 11-20-2006, 10:26 PM

Here's a hunting story I will never forget til the day I die.

One early mornin my cousin and I went hunting. I shot a little 3 pointer since I was desperate of meat. We field dressed the buck and loaded it on the truck. I had my .223 and my cousin brought his .270 along just incase he saw something. Well as we are leaving the property we see a herd of Axis deer and standing in the middle of the road is this HUGE Axis buck. The buck ran down in the ditch where there were some brush. My cousin drove to the ditch and fired at the buck. I asked if he hit him and he said he did but in a pissed off voice. He shifted the truck in gear and we started hauling butt and on the field to the side of us is the buck and then I notice that his lower jaw has been shot off! The buck runs in front of us, hops the fence and we never saw him again.

Note: We were on our cousins property just incase yall think we were hunting illegally.

A couple of weeks later our cousin who let us hunt on his property said the neighbor shot the buck. So at least the poor thing didn't suffer to death.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

Yea Swamp thing that is a great story. I recently posted one that is a bit long but if your interested it's at the following post;

General Hunting Forums] >> Deer Hunting >> Bittersweet Bruiser Buck

I have another one about when I was just a kid. I used to trap when I was younger. Helped out with some extra cash around the house. We had 10 kids in the family. I just starting deer hunting and we were all sitting in the local diner shootin the bull. I never had the finest of threads, well especially when trapping. The local Deer hunting gang made pretty good fun of me that day. Well to make a long story short, the next day was deer season. Guess who got the biggest buck. You guessed it. A real beauty of a 9 pointer. Needless to say, none of them every made fun of my hunting/trapping attire and more than a few took me aside to seriously ask me if I would take them hunting. Being a trapper, I knew almost every inch of the surrounding country side. That helps tremendously when hunting season rolls around.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:24 AM

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1810771&mpage=1&key=?

most of the threads that start with I got........ have a story in there
Old 11-21-2006, 06:31 AM

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1809523

Not the best story, but success anyway!

Quick Reply: Anyone got a good hunting story?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.