Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Roar works!!!!

Old 11-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Buck Roar works!!!!

I went out and bought a Buck Roar call just because I felt like getting it, well yesterday evening I walked up into the woods and sat down with the call, and also The Can call... 15 minutes later I had a big 4 pointer at 10 yards from me making soft grunts and looking all over the place trying to find another deer. THEN I went out with a spotlight (legal without a gun), just to try my call out and see what would happen, and there was a HUGEEEEEE 10 pointer out in a field and when I blew the call, the buck immediately looked up, and ran right to the doe it was with and just stood there like it was guarding a million dollars. This thing works! I also blew the call at these other BIG bucks we saw in another field... the next minute they were both in a tremendous fight with each other. There was a doe out with them and I think my call just broke the tension and they went at it. it was awesome. they fought for at least 10 minutes. right across the road from them were 2 MONSTER bucks and when I blew the call for them, the big one went for the smaller of the 2, but it jumped out of the way, and there was also a doe with them too. I have never saw the things like I saw last night ever before with a deer call. I mean those big bucks usually dont even look up if they have a hot doe when I blow any other deer call, but with the Buck Roar, WOW you should have seen it!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:59 AM

Default RE: Buck Roar works!!!!

I'm probably gonna go out tonight and try out the call I just got. I wonder how many strange looks I'll get for walking around on campus wearing camo!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah i got a true talker and a buck growl and they both work real well, but if i had to chose i would deffinatly choose the buckGrowl
Old 11-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

I went out and bought a Buck Roar call just because I felt like getting it
I don't know why but that struck a funny chord with me.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:39 PM

i tried a few places but i cant find one, where did you find yours?
good luck!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:49 PM

Dicks sporting goods has them