Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any young kids hunting with ya?? >

Any young kids hunting with ya??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any young kids hunting with ya??

Old 11-14-2006, 07:48 PM

Default RE: Any young kids hunting with ya??

I have 3 boys, all of which have hunted with me, with the newest being my 6 year old, whom I took sunday evening for the first time--we saw 5 does, and he was really quiet and still. He actually heard the first doe before I did, and he loved every minute of it.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

Takin my step brother for his first hunt on saturday. he's 12.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:25 PM

Heres my part time hunting/ body work 11 year old nephew. Im still breaking him into muzzleloading.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

not yet, but me and my wife are expecting a baby boy. I can't wait to get him out into the woods with me. The experience is supposed to be shared.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am letting my son take the day off from school today so he can try his luck. He has gone with me a couple of times before and even helped me track one down. So hopefully he will see one. Next week I will be working 7 -12 hour days so I figured one day out of school for this wouldn't hurt to bad. I just want him to understand that only rarely will I let him take a day off.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 AM

My dad took me when i was 9 just to sit with him and learn the woods. Did not take a gun till i was 12

Some of the best times just learning.

I have now taken it upon my self to teach my cousin who wants to go really bad. He is 11 and his mother who is 43.

Guess we can all learn and pass it on no matter how old we are or how old the new hunters are
Pines
Old 11-15-2006, 09:27 AM

I took my nephew with my on Saturday. He is 8yrs old and lives about 3hr drive so we don't see him much. He loves to go. We seen 8 deer on Saturday and he loved it. He had his small set of binocular's on them all the time and kept asking which one we were going to shoot. I said none (as they were does & fawns) he wanted me to just shoot one and it didnt' matter.......i thought about it but decided not too.
I think I am turning him into a future hunter...he was chasing deer tracks in the mud all over and saying lets go find this one....
good time even though we didnt' shoot.........can't wait to take him next season
Old 11-15-2006, 10:48 AM

My sister, who was 15 last year never wanted to. Last year i came home form five hours away where I live with my wife, my sister come up out of the blue and wants to come out and sit with me and see what its all about. So i was super happy that she finally had interst in hunting, so I took her out we sat for about 3 hours and had does playing and bedding all around us the whole time. After that she was starting to get cold and my father who wasn't too far away shot a doe. So she walked over to him and helped clean and dragged it out, (this is the part we were worried about) but she loved it and will be hunting with me this year.
She was a little afraid of shooting a deer rifle, since she is like 90 pounds soakin wet, but we got her a recoil pad for her shoulder, and has been fine shooting with it since.
The most humorous part was one day we were talking hunting and she had seen a big buck down by them. So she asks me "If we see a big buck how do we decide who gets to shoot it?" I just laughed and then explained to her that I have shot big bucks before and that its her turn.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:20 PM

Getting back into hunting after entering the military 17 years ago, I thought I would try bowhunting. Having to outfit myself with all the gear, my daughter (9 years old) watched the UPS man deliver all the packages. She said she wanted to go with me, so I got her her own hunting clothes. We are hunting from a ground blind, and she is loving every minute of it!! We have yet to see a deer, but we are making those memories that will last a life time. I also have 3 other kids, if they choose, I will gladly take along.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:49 AM

well my dad took me out when i was 10, got my first buck the first day on a little drive they put on and he came right to me. im 21 now, been hunting ever since. prolly got 40 deer to my name now with 4 of them being decent bucks. still havent got "the one" yet.

i have an 8 year old nephew who is going to start soon i hope. he loves when we bring deer home, so i cant wait to take him out and get him hunting with us.

Quick Reply: Any young kids hunting with ya??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.