Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This makes me angry

Old 11-12-2006, 07:42 PM

Default This makes me angry

Yesterday we saw a deer carcass thrown in a creek--obviously hidden. It had a slug hole through it and was skinned with the legs cut off. Every part was there except the backstraps. The guy shot the deer and threw out everything except the backstraps. Is this legal? Why would someone do this? It seems like a complete waste to me. What are your thoughts?

Old 11-12-2006, 08:32 PM

Default RE: This makes me angry

Was it in season or not? If its in season and the deer is registered, then I guess someone can do with it what they will. Doesn't make it right though. In Wis. they have a state program where you can donate the deer and its processed for food pantries. It's very popular. But, if its out of season, then it can't be registered and can't be donated. What a waste.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I belive in if it was in season, it's still illegal for wasting eatable meat. That disgusts me [:'(]
Old 11-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

I believe Konaboy is right, I heard somewhere that you have to take all edible meat, no wasting. More than likely it was a poacher.I have heard numerous times about poachers shooting a deerand just cutting out the backstraps real quick and getting out of there. Did you see a tag on the deer?
Old 11-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

We have this problem every year. At one time last fall there was one creek that probably had 8 whole deer in it. At some of the country road turnoffs there would be 5 or 6.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:57 PM

The game laws call this action Wanton Waste it is Ilegal in most states.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Regardless of wanton waste, atleast here in IL you cannot just dump acarcus along a road or into public water ways.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont quote me on this but because of new laws it says you have to make the effort to harvest the deer meaning you take everything that is ediable so you can leave bones hide but you must take the meat this is completly unethical and unsportsman like.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:31 AM

Thats nothing i know some farmers that shoot em year around and leave em laying ,crop damage permits,and when they start having to many dead ones in the field they start gut shooting them so they run out of the field then die..There land ,there crops cant do nothin bout it either.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Laws are different pending on where you are. Where I live in sothern NY, if you own the propertyit's perfectly legal to shoot a deer, fill out the tag and then just walk away. This of course isn't legal on state land as you are only allowed to leave the entrails. Once you get the body to your own property though you could just dump it.

Quick Reply: This makes me angry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.