Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

near trespasing

Old 11-15-2006, 11:58 AM

Default RE: near trespasing

Unbelievable!!!!!!! What more can be said? You are entitled to your subjective opinion, but I experienced this, and I know the facts. It matters to me if people say they don't believe me, but there's only so much that I can do about it. I'm beginning to think that those who can't accept the reality of the situation may be because they don't see anything wrong with what this guy is doing, and maybe are guilty of the same. I'm not going to lose any sleep over total strangers, miles away, without a single shred of first hand knowledge whowant tocome to false conclusions about a set of circumstances that they are, in reality, clueless about.BTW, your logic about my being as bad as they are is nonsense--first of all, because I didn't step on their land, and secondly because , if I had,protecting my rights and someone who steals from another is hardly comparable.You have a lot of nerve to come on here and to make absolute declarations that I 'definately' 'modified' my story to make me sound better! I wouldn't have to continue to CLARIFY the actual events, if not for jerks like yourself who make yourselves out to know ore than the person involved. What boots was i wearing that day? What kind of hat? You seem to know more than I do, so let me know so I can know too!The whole point is that I do it right down to the letter, and even get the validation from a DNR officer, and all I get is sanctimonious hogwash from people that either can't comprehend or don't want to. Truly amazing!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: manuman

Of course you would! Anybody that views another man's death as you would do just that. His stand was placed so that there were no other possible place to shoot than on my lease, and I didn't step on his land to move the stand, as it was hanging over the creek--which is the line. So , no, I didn't forget anything. His stand is on a creek bank, with planted pines behind him, almost immediately, facing a bottom that is entirely on our land. The stand was at the base of the tree, and I turned it to face the pines, which was meant to convey the mesage, that I further conveyed by note, not to hunt or to shoot on our property. He would HAVE to shoot over the line, and he would HAVE to come over the creek to our land to recover any deer, unless that deer somehow ran back across the creek---which is highly unlikely.Straight ahead is the ONLY shjot he or ayone else would have.Come to think of it,he most likely is approaching this stand by way of our property, to even get to his stand, just like I did.
Ifit was on the bank on his side of the creek, not your's, you had no business tampering with his stand.

Caldoc
Old 11-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Of course, the flip side of that coin is that the other guy had no business setting up his stand such that his only real shot is across the property line. Not saying it was right to tamper with the stand, but... It's equally wrong to set up where your only shots are at deer on someone else's property where you don't have hunting rights.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

...and all I get is sanctimonious hogwash from people that either can't comprehend or don't want to.
Actually, manuman, the problem you're having here is that thepeople here DO comprehend and they comprehend very well!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:03 PM

Well, as manuman has made so clear to us, there was a creek bed there. Manuman defends his right to walk across the creek to mess with the stand, couldn't that guy have had his stand pointed at the creek in order to hunt the creek bed. In my oppinion creek beds are some of the best spots to hunt.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

Do nothing and stop being so greedy. You have your property and he has his. What should he do to you to make sure you dont hunt what he feels is too close to the border between propertys. Be happy with what you have and don't try to control whats not yours. People like you make me sick You got to have it all weather its yours or not.
Mike must be the person who'd be in a stand over a fence line, shoot an animal on someone elses property and trespass to retrieve it. Then complain saying he had the "right" to do it because he was physically located on his own land.....or rather someone elses land who feels sorry for him and allows him to hunt on it.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Damn, 7 pages of posts debating someones right to put up a deer stand 10 feet on THEIR side of the fence?[] Truely an HNI classic.

My neighbor put up a stand that turned out to be a couple feet on my side of the property line. He also mistakenly put a No Tresspassing sign about 10 feet on to my property. I could have raised hell, but decided to keep my cool, not say anything, and just be polite to him. As a result, he has since given me (without me asking) open access to his 140 acres surrounding my little 19 acre plot. Sometimes it pays to keep your cool.[&:]
Old 11-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: fetzeriiif

Well, as manuman has made so clear to us, there was a creek bed there. Manuman defends his right to walk across the creek to mess with the stand, couldn't that guy have had his stand pointed at the creek in order to hunt the creek bed. In my oppinion creek beds are some of the best spots to hunt.
Of course creek beds make for good hunting, but, not from stand that's at ground level overhanging the creek bed. Again, not defending messing with the guy's stand, but, in my opinion, it wasn't in a reasonable location.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:50 PM

For that matter, what is the point of hanging a stand at ground level anyway. I would never take the time to hang a stand and then hang it at ground level. Wouldn't it make more sense to hunt from the ground? If I were going to try to shoot deer off of my neighbors property, I would hang the stand as high as I could so that I could shoot further onto his property.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:52 PM

Shato I hope if I ever buy land it will border you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.