Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I AM MAD!!!!!! !

Old 11-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default I AM MAD!!!!!! !

ok see, we hunt on private land. It is owned by a big corporation that DOES NOT allow atv's or trespessers on their property. We are friends with the landlord because we all hunt there. ANyways We went to check our stands last week and there were 3 poached deer and a fresh atv trail leading from the neighbors property. GOD IT MAKES ME MAD! Today my brother went back again and there were 2 more! one of them was a buck, missing only its antlers. they left the meat and everything else!!!!!!! I AM GOING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS CRAP AND SOMEONE IS GONNA PAY. hunting land is precious here and NO ONE IS GONNA BE ROBBING US OF A PLACE TO HUNT! This is serious. weve been hunting there for years and years... and now someone thinks theyre gonna ruin our hunting grounds, I DONT THINK SO. weve been letting small bucks go so they can grow into something nice, and those Edited for vulgarity/skirting the profanity filter. ARENT GONNA DO THIS.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: OMFG I AM MAD!!!!!! !@@!#@$@#$%@#$

WE ALSO PUT A BARBED WIRE FENCE UP ON THE PROPERTY LINE, AND THEY TOOK IT DOWN TO GET THEIR ATV IN THERE!
Old 11-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well it sounds like you don't want to loose the hunting grounds so I beleive if you really want to do something about it you have to go hunting. Gotta invest the time.

Don't do it alone, but here's my suggestion............

First and foremost make a report withlocal LE to let them know what's going on and what you have in mind. Then arm yourselves with somegood equipment. Cameras, walkie-talkies, cell phones (with local LE's numbers programed), binoculars, notepads and pencils. Then go hunt those trespassers just like you would a deer (although scent-killer proboboly would be over doing it- LOL).Seclude yourselves, waitand observe.

See what ya catch, but I have to strongly suggest you not confront any armed individuals.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:16 PM

Wow. Just wow. That's pretty ****ing disgusting. Like uncle matt said, don't confront them if at all possible. If they're willing to tear down a barbed wire fence and are running amok with ATVs and killing deer, I also wouldn't go alone if you go back there. I had an arguement the first time I went hunting (some guys ran out of the woods to steal the pheasant my friend shot) and we ended up just letting them have the bird since five people with shotguns arguing with each other cannot be healthy. I wish you the best of luck and Godspeed to get these bastards behind bars / fined / whatever's the worst the judge can throw at them.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

well first off Im gonna talk to the landlord, and then the conservation officer is going to be called. I just happen to know who owns the land that borders our hunting property. they gonna wish they hadnt done that... And dont worry, scent control wont be a problem unless they get the crap scared out of them haha......
Old 11-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

I am havin the same problem where i'm hunting this year. Only thing is its my family's land. We went around to the different houses and farms in the area and asked them to please let us know if someone was back there on four wheelers, then we tried to block off the area as best we could, then we put up no trespassing signs, went back this morning and could here them back there.. planted afew of those silent cameras (ya know the ones that take pics and are motion sensitive so i have something to take to the authorities and have these people busted. I suggest doing the same. Notify the proper authorities and the landlord and find out who they are and then have them arrested if they come back
Old 11-12-2006, 03:07 PM

take some chain saw files and shove em in the ground,stickingout about 6in...that'll pop their atv tires right quick

Had someone try to steal my trail camera this past week, ended up taking it down before they came back, so they decided to stealthe brush blind chair and completely destroy the ground blind.... unfortunately the only photos I got was of their hands over the camera lens.

makes me sad that so many folks write about this stuff happening all over. I can't understand how an individual would perceive these actions as acceptable.

Good luck I hope you discover the perps.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That might of just been the most disgusting thing i have ever heard people who tresspass and then shoot just for the antlers is horrible! If that where me they should have to worry about there property and i dont mean there land I mean houses cars stuff like that WOW its not even my land an im pissed for you right now!! hey what state are you in if your in Michigan i want to help!!
Old 11-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a sad state of affairs, but go easy right now, don't go accusing the neighbour because the tracks came off his land, its possible that he's just as violated and p1$$ed off as you right now.

Inform the law, and arm yourselves withpen, paper, camera, and a trail cam at the entrance they have been using.
Talk to the neighbour, he may be willing to help, if not he probably is the culprit and will stop the activity when you tell him about the efforts you've taken to catch the POS reponsible.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:31 PM

That would piss me off too. I would do everything in my ability to catch those disrespectful excuses for hunters. I've had similar expeeriences and know how you feel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.