Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What Maine hunting is all about........ >

What Maine hunting is all about........

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Maine hunting is all about........

Old 11-13-2006, 01:10 PM

Default RE: What Maine hunting is all about........

Beauty of a buck!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

HOLY CRAP thats a monster!!! Were you sore the next morning from dragging that thing for 2.5 hours? I would have tried driving the truck right up next to him! Nice buck
Old 11-13-2006, 02:00 PM

I believe that 2.5hr drag...... we were in greenville (moosehead lake) last year and that is some back country if I ever saw any
Old 11-13-2006, 02:37 PM

ya we couldn't get any vehicle back there....atv's are not allowed and the road is dugg out by the logging companies. Snowmobile couldnt make it because the beaver dams. We usually have a heavy plastic pulling sleigh that we can wrap em up with. Get on a little snow and you can ride these sausages down hill!!.......but we left it in the other truck.

We were pretty please with the drag.....wasn't as bad as we thought it'd be.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:50 PM

That's an eight pointer!!!! I love it. This southern boy wants to head north --anywhere that there are big racked, big bodied deer like that ! Congrats!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Site Buck Guru

Wow! that's one huge buck!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:22 AM

if any of you guys ever want to truly see some beautiful country... Travel for a week up to Moosehead lake and ride the logging roads. Man that is some awesome hunting country.the people there were extremely gracious to see visitors. The restaurants are great and the bars are warm. We met up with a fellow from NY and he actually took my wife and I hunting with him the next day and showed us all his spots. What a great place Maine is!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a camp downeast in the Acadia region, it is beautiful country, and huge deer, but not quite as rugged or remote as the NW part of the state. One of these days I will even go up and hunt there for a week.

Congrats again to your hunting party Wry!
Old 11-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Spike

wow, sure glad it was you young fella's tugging on the big old bruiser instead of an old duffa like me! that must have been some piece of work.

one trick that we've used lately to make the drag a bit easier is to tie the forelegs up between the rack so they don't fetch up on obstructions so much when you're dragging.

congratulations on your great deer.

- jay
Old 11-14-2006, 07:45 AM

Just curious if it is legal to 1/4 the deer up and pack it out or do they have to be registered whole?

Quick Reply: What Maine hunting is all about........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.