Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Guy tried climbing in my stand >

Guy tried climbing in my stand

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guy tried climbing in my stand

Old 11-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Guy tried climbing in my stand

So I was out hunting today and my treestand is on a fence line pointed towards our property. I look behind me and there is the landowner in his truck and a guy that is going to go hunting in a van- they sat about 300 yards behind me and then the guy thats hunting comes walking towards me. I hid behind the tree that I was in ato see what he was going to do, all of a sudden I look over and he is jumping the fence coming straight towards my stand- I had my bow hanging up and he must have seen it and he says "hey" I was like yeah? He goes oh, I didnt know you were here.... Im thinking ok ill keep my cool thinking he would be decent about it. He leaves and comes back 15 minutes later with the landowner and the landowner decides to drive his pickup truck through the corn fieldright next to my stand and sit there for 5 minutes.

I know in Illinois the DNR will bust people that do that kind of stuff to scare deer away from a hunter...

If he wouldnt have had a bow in his hand he might have ended up with a black eye.

What would you guys do about this?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Guy tried climbing in my stand

shoulda hid better and grunted at him a few times...messed with his head a lil bit.....started talkin 2 him as a buck..LMAO.....
Old 11-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I would have blown a fuse when they came back. i mean if he has permission to hunt the land you cant do a whole lot about it except try to keep him out of your stand but if he didnt have permission to hunt where you were and jumped the fence i would have blown up ! ! ! i mean your day is done when the truck comes back anyway right?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

I wish I would have thought of that deerslayer- that would have been hilarious.

Yeah I did yell at the land owner- he sat there looking at me for 5 minutes and Ikinda threw my armsup and screamed wtf?

No he did not have permission to hunt our land so he was trespassing. I didnt really want to say anything though because if I shoot a deer and it runs on hisside I want to be able to get it. But I have a feeling that he will be back just because he was ignorant enough to come back after he knew I was there just to make me mad- I guessme and my neighborsrunning over his chickens that he lets run out in his road wasnt enough...
Old 11-08-2006, 06:00 PM

First of all congrats on staying cool in the field, that must have been hard.
Second, If I'm not mistaken, once he jumped the fence he was trespassing - right? Get his tag number and report him. If you have one of the handy dandy cell phones with a camera, take his picture to prove it, then call Johnny Law. He may end up ruining your hunt but you could ruin his hunting privilages for a long time.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Oh and I forgot to add the best part- to top it off he came walking in smoking a cigarette and I was looking at the two guys through my binocs and he was also drinking- what a good combination when you go hunting...losers-
Old 11-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe he thought it was a buddy stand , but seriously slobs are just that slobs and you probably wont ever change them
Old 11-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

DEER: hey you.....
GUY: um? hello?
DEER: boy....you better be leavin my lady deer alone..
GUY: who's there?
DEER: boy i aint gonna tell ya again...ya better get the hell away from my does
GUY: who is that?
DEER: i am gonna kick your a$$..thats who i am boy...dont be askin me stupid questions boy. you can call me mr. Big buck
GUY: uh. mr.big buck, sir?
DEER: I see you checkin out my does.
GUY. no mr. big buck sir....
DEER:THATS IT!!!! IM GONNA GET YOU!!!!!!!!(AT THIS POINT YOU PUT YOUR BUcK GRUNT IN YOUR MOUTH AND HOLD YOUR RATTLING ANTLERS ON YOUR HEAD AND START AN FULL ON CHARGE AT HIM)
Old 11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Oh man, thats hilarious! You should be a commercial writer- that would be hilarious
Old 11-08-2006, 08:43 PM

I have had to deal with this before being president of our club here in the south. I tell them this isn't right. these boys spend their time away from work just like you, leave them alone and let them enjoy their hunt.
If I have to deal with you, it won't be through the club........... and you won't hunt either, because I can do the same to you, messing up your time away from work that you want to spend hunting. They'll get the message if they have any morals at all.

Quick Reply: Guy tried climbing in my stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.