Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Won a nice slug gun yesterday

Old 11-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Won a nice slug gun yesterday

Im on vacation and get a call from one of the guys at work yesterday telling me i had won a slug gun that i had bought a chance on for three dollars before going on vacation. I went and picked it up. Its a new england 12 Ga. singleshot with a rifled slug barrel. the barrel looks like a ten guage, very thick. its got a 6x24x40 tasco scope with all kinds of adjustments on it and a nice sling as well. funny thing is this is a gun i have been wanting to buy but i was going to get the 20 Ga. Do any of you use the same type Gun and do you like it? I hear there very accurate at long ranges.
Dan
Old 11-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Won a nice slug gun yesterday

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Do any of you use the same type Gun and do you like it? I hear there very accurate at long ranges.
Dan
My bud gotone like yours or about the same, aH&R ultra slug hunter in 12 gauge and what you hear is right, they are very accurate. Just find out what ammo brand it likes and you are set.

Oh, and congrate on your new toy.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Won a nice slug gun yesterday

I have the same gun i recomend 3" winchester partition golds 385 grains or 400 they shoot actually about the same but be sure to check the box i have bought the wrong grainage a couple to times but a great gun none the less actually i would recommend a good scope too cause the first scope the gun tore apart was a tasco then it tore up a.... i cant remember now but i put a browning scope on it and i love it!!