Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I need some adivce

Old 11-05-2006, 01:47 PM

Default I need some adivce

I recently shot an 8 point. I took his scent glands and urine sac and put them in a jar full of water with the lid closed . If i take some of the water and tinks 69 doe in rut buck lure with me huntin would it help attract a big buck better than using tinks alone?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:43 PM

Default RE: I need some adivce

how does the water smell does it stink like something a deer woud like if so u shoud try it and post back
Old 11-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you got an idea there.

I'd also like to know, what the water smells like.

Don't know how long it will be before the water gets rancid or if it even will spoil.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:02 AM

Whats the water for ,,,just put the scents glands on a zip tie and stick them in a jar when you get to your stand take em out of your backpack and hang em ,,,as for the urine i take a serenge in my pack allways when i get a deer i pull all there urine ,,one of my bucks had a 20 oz coke bottle full in him ,,a lot better than buying it,..