Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 a buck attacks and kills a doe... >

a buck attacks and kills a doe...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

a buck attacks and kills a doe...

Old 11-04-2006, 11:56 PM

Default a buck attacks and kills a doe...

im sorry if this has been posted before...im new here.

this is brutal and seems like there is surely somethign wrong with the buck...i would have killed him because of this.

warning: somewhat graphic, this buck repeatedly stabs a doe and eventually kills her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHoic3pHuQ
Old 11-05-2006, 01:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: a buck attacks and kills a doe...

yeah..i would have taken him out....not so muh that he killed the doe, but there are reports that suggest that i spike can kill larger bucks. a spike with long "spikes" can stab them easier is a fight takes place. killin a does helps if your ratio is wacked out...most cases they are.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Fork Horn

Watch the video clearly. You will notice an arrow above the dead deer on the ground. IMO, Doesn't seem that the buck killed anything. The doe squealling is probablywhat had the buck confused.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DOUBLE-LUNG

Watch the video clearly. You will notice an arrow above the dead deer on the ground. IMO, Doesn't seem that the buck killed anything. The doe squealling is probablywhat had the buck confused.
Yep! I noticed that too!Seems like the doe was dying from an arrowpass thru! The arrow is next to her.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:51 AM

thanks for pointing that out...didnt notice that. but still...deer are not known to be aggressive like that other then bucks fighting during the rut. this boiy seems to have something wrong with him. could be a disease or tumor in the brain...anything triggering that behavior. for him to maul and finish off that doe is jus tnot the nature of this beast and i would definitely take him out to prevent him from any other episodes.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:59 AM

weird...
Old 11-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the buck was actually trying to get the doe to get up. It looked like it was attacking the doe, but I have seen ewes try to get a new born lamb to get up and they will paw at it and sometimes they will even hurt them that way.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

What a well mannered young buck. What he is doing is called field tenderizing.

Actually, IMO isatarak is entirely correct. The buck is actually trying to make or help her get back up. He knows something isn't right and wants her to stand up which is "right" to him.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

I'd be willing to bet the doe was in heat, that's why the buck is so aggressive!!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Spike

I was checking out a new call made my M.A.D. called the buck growl this morning after reading about it in the Archery Section and I seen a clip that had another buck doing the same thing after a doe was downed. I believe he is just trying to get her up to breed. Check out the later part of this clip.
http://www.v-tamr.com/temp/buck-growl-obsession.wmv

Quick Reply: a buck attacks and kills a doe...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.