Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 a buck attacks and kills a doe... >

a buck attacks and kills a doe...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

a buck attacks and kills a doe...

Old 11-05-2006, 06:45 PM

Default RE: a buck attacks and kills a doe...

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

What a well mannered young buck. What he is doing is called field tenderizing.
LMAO!!!!

I agree, doe was dying, and he was trying to get her up.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:59 AM

I dont have that great of a computer and its slow when playing those videos but was there anyway that the deer that was down could have been a button buck, no one mentioned it so i thought i would,
Old 11-06-2006, 02:58 PM

Ditto on the sheep thing, I’ve raised them and when a lamb (baby sheep) was sick and or dying they would get really anxious to try and get them up. If you didn’t stop them they would start pawing the hell out of them and nudging them very aggressively with there head. It’s the same thing.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Looked to me like an arrow was in the "doe". That buck was trying to get her up. I just witnessed that very thing this weekend when I took my daughter out. My buddy had his grandson out with us and the grandson shoots a doe. It drops in her tracks. We come over after hearing the shot to see if they need help tracking. We see thislittle spikedoing the exact same thing to this doe as what was on the film. He was pawing and pushing her around like he was pissed.
I think he was trying to get her up. Here is a pic of how close they were when they were shot. My daughter shot the spike and dropped him like a rock too!! The spike is on the left. First deer for both kids. Talk about a strange day!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:42 PM

Congrats flyinfeathers, im only 19, but i can only hope that my children will love this sport as much as i have, nice to see you get your daughter interested,