Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bad dog(s)!!

Old 11-07-2006, 02:16 PM

Default RE: bad dog(s)!!

As a matter a fact I have been viewing this website for a couple of years and finally decided to join two days ago...and by the way Im from Missouri not Washington, so get off your soap box.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:19 PM

Okay, I think Mr. dustin78 needs to be removed from the forum.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:42 PM

Cleetus every once in a while we get these young punks on here,but here in swamp rooster ville they stick out fairly well because there teeth have been slapped out.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

no one's been stupid enough to try to knock my teeth out. I will admit, I have a medical problem that is totally under control when I am hunting, but IF someone makes me mad... I might pull a gun on that person. I have already been ******ed by the state police a few times. im proud to be a looney. if I were sane, I might let someone get by with trying to smack me around or SHOOT MY DOGS. But I am not sane haha... so try to come knock my teeth out....
Old 11-07-2006, 03:02 PM

ha ha ha @ Swamp thang...you're funny
Old 11-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Braging about shooting dogs makes about as much sence as keeping track ofhow manymonths its been since you last beat your wife.

Its hunting season and this is the best you people can come up with.The only thing I have not read on this thread is if feral dogs come to used tampons or if it ok to fart before you kill someones dog.

Its a sad day to be a hunter.[:'(]
Old 11-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Braging about shooting dogs makes about as much sence as keeping track ofhow manymonths its been since you last beat your wife.

Its hunting season and this is the best you people can come up with.The only thing I have not read on this thread is if feral dogs come to used tampons or if it ok to fart before you kill someones dog.

Its a sad day to be a hunter.[:'(]
yeah its sad.

Ive only shot one dog in my life and it was my own. It was terribly sick and I had to put her down

IF I saw a dog running in my woods (AND I HAVE), I just scare em off by throwing a stick. I STILL KILL BUCKS!!! GO FIGURE. Dogs dont bother me a bit. Im terribly sorry to the people who lose their BEST FRIEND because some guy cant stand the thought of going home without firing their gun. God. coyotes and wolves are one thing. Beagles and Labs ARE DIFFERENT.
They dont scare the deer off permanantly, The deer come back!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:36 PM

Last year I had two dogs start walking through my set up. They were headed into the area from which most of "my" deer would come. I put a bullet about a foot in front of the lead dog and they very quickly exited the way they came. I reasoned that I have had deer walk in to my set up just 10-15 minutes after killing one of their sisters. I don't believe a gun shot ruins the hunt, but I suspect that dead dog scent does.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

We go thru this same thread every year here! I remember when I first joined the board and brought the subject up, I was told it would be locked before long.

My little boy and I have a Wolf and an Argentine Dogo, both are family pets and are as gentle as can be! However, even if we did not have those type of animal's......it would make no difference.
All dogs will run deer or anything else that takes their fancy for the most part. I have only had one that would not (and I have attempted training all I have ever had) that would not run deer; he was a Wolf/hybrid....exceptional animal!!!
Most of the dogs in my area that run deer belong to folks that have upwards of 4-5 dogs, some only a couple but they are allowed to run loose and raise he11 24/7!!!! Politely calling the neighbors has never done any good...you only hear "my dogs don't run deer"...Well! What a crock of BS!! And, no there are no leash laws in this rural area but....ours are on 50 ft lead runs w/ pully's so they can get the excercise they need and not be a problem to neighbors. They are rather large canines too so....it is best they are on leads.

I have had no patience for irresponsible pet owners for years, yet, that said.....when they run and endanger wildlife, become feral, and otherwise out of control.....calling the owner does/has not done any good over the years..... It is tempting to take control myself.
Knowing that a canine is feral is one thing, belonging to a neighbor is another. When one lives in a glass house it is not wise to through stones......just a thought.

Please be a responsible pet owner....if you do not breed and/or show, please have your animals nuetered or spayed. If you cannot atleast be responsible then you have NO business owning ANY ANIMALS.....MUCH LESS HUNTING!!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Just wanted to let all know watch what you say on this thread as it could be locked any time....

All of us that hunt are well aware of this problem....how to solve it it perhaps best left un-typed.

Just another thought!! We do not want to give the Anti's any food for thought, Hells bells, they already have their contorted way of looking at things......[:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.