Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DEER DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS

Old 11-03-2006, 05:29 PM

Default DEER DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS

I have been baiting and i am getting alot of action on my piles but it is after dark.I cant seem to get the deer out during the daylight hours any ideas? Opening day isnt far away
Old 11-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DEER DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS

Maybe try to make your bait pile a little smaller so the deer have something to come early for instead of thinking it'll be there all night so they dont have to worry about it.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:45 PM

i have a couple of small piles set up with different kinds of bait carrotts, apples, pears, and corn
Old 11-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe its because of the moon? I havent been seing alot of deer around here in the field during daylight hours.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:20 PM

i have several feeders running, hardly ever do i get daylight pics, if i do, its usually a few does, but plenty of night pics,those big boys know its not natural.no hunting pressure in the area either, except the last two weeks, and the feeders are removed.hers a pic of one licking his lips as he approaches.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

The sad fact is, bait piles/feeders allow them to feed at night, they no longer have to "work" for their food, no more hours of browsing.
Now its just hit the bait pile in the dark twice a night for a full days supply of food.

You "may" shoot a fawn off the bait in day light, but that is about it.

Slack
Old 11-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slackdaddy maybe you dont shoot any deer off baitpiles but i sure in the hek do! I've had alot of bucks come in during daylight hours. lastyear i shot a big 10 and couldnt find it and then a 8. So sorry but your wrong on that one!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to go along with wisbowhunter2009I have shot bucks off the bait pile and right around also. If all you are getting is night time shot find out which way the are comming in and set up off the pile.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the property big enough to put the bait pile deeper so you can catch them after they've left down the trail in the morning?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

My brother has shot two off his pile! The second one that he shot Muzzle loader)was half hour before dark! The deer still came in an hour later and cleaned him out!

Quick Reply: DEER DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.