Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Won't come in

Old 11-02-2006, 06:09 AM
nap

Default Won't come in

Me and my dad are hunting in a little patch of trees in the middle of wet lands and we have tree stands we hunt in in the middle of the woods. Last time we went hunting I had 5 doe come strait by me on the outskerts of the trees. One peaked her head in and then she just walked off with the others. Then they went in the feild to our left 50 yeards away and they all ran off after a little 4 point scared them. But what I want to now is how do I get them in my patch of woods so I can get a shot off because I'm in earn a buck?
Old 11-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Won't come in

There are alot of factors at play here. One is wind direction, Then there is scent control. You have to have these things covered first. If the deer are out of range 1. move the stand. 2.get a doe bleat,you can try to call one in for a shot.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:05 AM

Default RE: Won't come in

Good tips. Also, try some bait scent... "is that apples I smell? acorns?" I also had luck with the old candy trail: take a big pocket full of corn (or a noise/scent free pillow case. just dont tell your wife) and make a small pile here and there..they'll nibble...follow...nibble...follow...THWACK! I do it all the time. Just make sure your under the 2 gallon limit.