Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wanted!! Any ideas

Old 11-02-2006, 06:31 PM

Default RE: Wanted!! Any ideas

hang it some were and leave it there and make a ladder for it
Old 11-03-2006, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Excellent idea, it does look sturdy though. But i prefer my ameristep climber.
ORIGINAL: terbzz

hang it some were and leave it there and make a ladder for it
Old 11-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cleetus it seems to me that it isn't the stand, it is the sentimental part of it to you. No way that that stand is as safe, as easy to climb with or ascomfortable as the climbers I have used, but if you are happy with it then why change................
Old 11-03-2006, 09:54 AM

death trap man ,,i hope you have a couple of safety straps ,save your money and get a summit galiath the best i have ever hunted,,like a big ol lazy boy ,,dont look like you could sleep in yours very well.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:45 AM

dont look like you could sleep in yours very well
LOL....I am not using it to sleep, but hunt.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:12 PM

Yes but its nothing like napping way up there in the mid day sun..You know what i mean....
Old 11-03-2006, 12:15 PM

I know what you mean. I can get a little tired about 11:00 or so, but that is when I tend to get down.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:21 PM

I know its hard to stay sometime but if you had one of these big nice stands like were talking about you could nap a little and it want be long till its time to hunt the afternoon and you will already be there ,, i have had deer come in and wake me up in the middle of the day ,so it really makes a better hunter out of you by helping you be more comfortable and staying safer.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:30 PM

swamp rooster, is your stand a climber? Can you stand up in your stand?
I bought me a new River's Edge Gator Folding Climbing Treestand last year and I hate the thing. Didn't like how it fastened to the tree, I didn't feel secure in it at all. My stand has the angle ironand metal plates on each side of the V section of my stand that dig into the tree. I slipped a few times while climbing with the River's edge stand but I never slip with my stand.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:25 PM

Yes it a climber just go by and take a look at the summitt galiath or look in any hunting mag ,,and it doesnt slip i can hang off upside down it is that sturdy im not familier with the stand your talking about ,heck if i lived close by i would come over and let you try mine.

Quick Reply: Wanted!! Any ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.