Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer transport?

Old 10-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer transport?

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Emilio, you should look for one of those bucket boom trucks that lineman use, they sell them up here on some truck lots, just climb in the bucket, on hit the controls to go up! No assembly required!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Mastevt

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Emilio, you should look for one of those bucket boom trucks that lineman use, they sell them up here on some truck lots, just climb in the bucket, on hit the controls to go up! No assembly required!

Hey don't laugh, my buddy has one rigged with a double bucket, Swivel Chair and Canopy!!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

They use Electric Hydralic Deer Stands in South Carolina.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Courtesy Photo
Retired Marine Maj. Gen. Randall ''Grit'' West of Washington, D. C., demonstrates the Huntmaster at the Paralyzed Veterans of America hunting retreat at Jackson's Gap. During the
Old 10-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to take a dodge Caravan hunting...I'd take out the rear seat so I had plenty of room for a deer, then I'd line it with a HEAVY DUTY water proof tarp. I removed some of the internal trim pieces so I could tuck the tarp underneath so it would stay in place and seal up better. I also sprayed the tarp with a aerosol sealant. I could hose out the back of my van without even getting the carpet wet (run the hose in through the side door, kneel on the middle seat and spray).

A buddy of mine had an SUV back when we were in high school, he removed the rear seats, laid down a tarp, then put a kiddy pool in the back that the deer sat in. The pool caught almost everything, and the tarp caught any splatter etc that would make it out of the pool.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used a Chrysler Town and Country minivan in the past for deer hunting. I leave the rearmost bench seat in the garage. I take a cheap blue plastic tarp along. I lay the tarp out in the open rear compartment of the minivan and hoist the deer carcass onto this tarp. I do the same thing with my Chevrolet Suburban which has now replaced the minivan. When I am done I throw the tarp away. If you were really thrifty you might try to wash off the blood and reuse the tarp, but this seemed like a very difficult task, and I was not convinced that all the blood would come out.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

In our Chevy Venture, back seats down, and a cheap tarp overtop of the seats, and it's good to go
Old 10-30-2006, 02:53 PM

Ok, so inside or out seems to make no difference. Still, is there any real issue with ticks? If not careful, can they hang out in your auto? My concern is not only for me, but for my family (wife & 2 kids). Do you keep a can of bug spray (with the deet) on hand?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

If you can let the deer hang for a couple of days all those nasty critters will fall off. You can also purchase large game bags at your local sporting goods store. They work great.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have used my suv for several years. I just buy a cheap 8x10 tarp and put in the back. It has worked well for me. after season just rinse it off with a water hose or chunk it and buy anew one next season.

Quick Reply: Deer transport?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.