Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Youth Hunt Spoiled!

Old 10-30-2006, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Youth Hunt Spoiled!

[:@] Sat. was a beautiful day to spend with my kid on the youth season hunting opener. We hadn't seen anything all day, and was looking forward to the evening hunt over the food plot. My hotspot. Around 5pm these 2 trespassers come walking up from the creek from my neighbors property onto mine. URRRRRRR. What the! Both carrying fishing rods, and not wearing Blaze orange! So I get out of the blind and start walking to them, they see me and start to me. When we meet, they say their lost, had been following Clear Fork creek, fishing. I'm pretty hot by this time, Clear Fork is a mile west of me. I kept my cool and told that they had to cross at least 3 fences to get where they are now, and that crossing fenceses is tresspassing! Therfore if you come to a fence, and don't have permission on that property, then your willfully tresspassing. I then pointed the directon of the road, and told them it was 200 yards, follow the path. Needless to say, with all their traipsing around in where the deer bed down in, we didn't see a thing! Now I'm worried that these Meth heads (you can tell by the rotted front teeth) are gonna come back and steel some of my stands, or my blind, or my equipment. MY tractor was sitting there, along with my disc, plow, bush hog.[:@]GOD I hate people that do this![:@]
To end on a good note, last night, my son Brandon missed anice doe at last light. At least he got a shot off. Was a clean miss, we searched the whole plot for an hour, and no sign of blood. Oh well, better a clean miss, than a wounded animal. We'll try again during the regular season.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:50 AM

Default RE: Youth Hunt Spoiled!

Maybe they were scouting a place for a lab and the fishing rods were props.....I'm not much a fisherman but isn't it kinda late in the season for that?
Old 10-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hate to hear it Scott and it saddens me that your boy had quite a damper put on the hunt. I think you did the right thing and tempered your anger as an example to your boy - that is important. So is spending the time with your boy.

Take care and good luck regular season.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Fishermen this time of the year and a mile from the creek. Sounds "fishy" to me. I'd keep an eye on your equipment.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Man that sucks. they may very well have been looking for a place to set up a lab. But fishing this time of year? HELL YEAH Fishing season never ends
Old 10-30-2006, 07:41 AM

It really too bad. I would definitely keep an eye out for them, to include letting your neighbor know as well. Good luck and safe hunting the rest of the year.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:40 PM

I have had this problem and problems like this for the past 5 years. I feel your pain. I don't think they will come back and steal something because you've done seen their face and they know that. Anyway, I have the same type of jackasses do this **** while I"m hunting. It takes all I can handle to not whip the asses.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:48 PM

You taught your son a great deal about how to be a man and deal with a obviously angering situation by remaining calm and dealing with the trespassers. He will look back at that incident more than you know.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

It iis alittle to late to be fishing.Probably thought they saw a PuRPle DrAGoN...AND WaNtEd To SmOkE iT!!!!