HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   MO. Youth hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/161678-mo-youth-hunt.html)

Mastevt 10-25-2006 06:17 PM

MO. Youth hunt

Who all here from MO. are taking their kids out on the youth hunt this sat. and sun? I've been doing my homework, and have 2 nice bucks coming into my foodplot in the evenings, and thats where I'm gonna be with my son Brandon sat. Hopefully he'll connect and take his 2nd deer. I can't wait! Anybody else here?:D

krub6b 10-25-2006 09:03 PM

RE: MO. Youth hunt

I haven't been on the youth hunt in years, and then it was just me. Tell your son good luck and make sure we see pictures.

TimberCreek 10-25-2006 10:15 PM

RE: MO. Youth hunt

Wish they would limit the youth hunt to does only. I believeit is abused and unfair! First shot at the big ones and some of the times it is the parent who does the shooting!

longhunter 66 11-02-2009 01:09 PM

nephews buck 2009

1 Attachment(s)
Nick has been hunt for years here is this years big buck for him hunted all morning saw ten does was waiting to see if a buck would follow in and nothing till last of legal shooting time look what walked up on him

nromaker 11-02-2009 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by TimberCreek (Post 1714940)
Wish they would limit the youth hunt to does only. I believeit is abused and unfair! First shot at the big ones and some of the times it is the parent who does the shooting!

That is a very narrow minded way of looking at it.IMO It would take so much away from the kids. Its part of the magic for kids to dream of getting that big 10 or just their first buck. My son shot his first sunday morning it was a little 6 point.Might as well been a booner. If the parent does the shooting they should be jailed because thats not at all what the youth hunt is about.Its about the high five I gave my son after making a perfect 150 yard broadside shot and watching the deer drop.:cool2:

Grasshopper13 11-05-2009 07:29 AM

Its about the high five I gave my son after making a perfect 150 yard broadside shot and watching the deer drop.
AMEN!

The youth season also helps us recruit more young hunters to join us in protecting our rights to pursue game each fall. The average age of hunters is ever so slowly increasing, which means fewer and fewer people are hunting. In the long run, I'd sacrifice a few really good bucks to see that trend reversed.

nromaker 11-05-2009 04:59 PM

[quote=Grasshopper13;3496145]AMEN!

The youth season also helps us recruit more young hunters to join us in protecting our rights to pursue game each fall. The average age of hunters is ever so slowly increasing, which means fewer and fewer people are hunting. In the long run, I'd sacrifice a few really good bucks to see that trend reversed.[/quote Im working on my 9 year old daughter for next year. absolutely cannot wait.