HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Buck Bomb (fact or fiction)? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/161543-buck-bomb-fact-fiction.html)

UKFAN 10-24-2006 11:48 PM

Buck Bomb (fact or fiction)?

What's up guys, haven't posted since last year. Hope you all had and will havea good "06". Gettin fired up and ready to go this year! Anyway nobody said anything about the Buck Bombs in the recent post, just curious anybody used this stuff yet? By the way, what ever happend to DoctorDeath?

timbercruiser 10-25-2006 07:03 AM

RE: Buck Bomb (fact or fiction)?

Don't know about the Buck Bomb. DD has been in the middle of a job move to Kentucky. He has just started posting again on the Off Season forum.

RiverRaider 10-25-2006 07:11 AM

Im very interested in this new product too.It sound like a great idea. Anybody every use it and does it work?

frocb 10-25-2006 07:31 AM

I used the Buck bomb last year. I harvested an 8 point in PA with the help of the Buck bomb last year. Deer came right in on the scent, he was definately interested. I also had a small 4pt. buck come in to about 15 yards sniffing and lip curling on another day of hunting, that was a great experience in the woods.

longislandhunter 10-25-2006 09:47 AM

I posted about Buck Bomb2 weeks ago. It is amazing. I used it twice. First time it brought 3 does in. They actually nocked the can over while smelling it. I placed thecan 5 yards away and was ground hunting. They were so close that I could not move to get a shot off. I went back to the same spot 5 days later and used it again. this time i placed it 20 yards away. same 3 does came to it again. This time I double lunged the biggest one.

Have not had it wotk on bucks yet, but once the rut hits i am sure it will. i give two thumbs up to this product.

zippy81 10-25-2006 09:47 AM

Which one did you use, the estrous scent or one of the others? I tried the young buck scent last week to no avail, however where I hunt has very low density...I may try again with the estrous scent in a more promising location (although I really don't have any much better)

longislandhunter 10-25-2006 09:48 AM

BTW forgot to mention. i used the doe in estrous and the dominant buck together.

NCSportsman 10-25-2006 09:56 AM

I used the doe in estrous and also tried grunting and rattling last evening with no luck...

khuengo 10-25-2006 11:06 AM

Longislandhunter, I asked you below question on other thread but got no answer from you. So I ask again :-)

"I am very interested in the buck bomb. Is that the new product? I saw it it Walmart and thinking of using it. Could you please tell me something more about how you used it? What is the temparature at that time? Was that windy? What direction you saw the deer coming? Did you throw it from your treestand or from the ground? Did it smell? How many bomb did you use? 2 right?
Thanks"

longislandhunter 10-25-2006 11:38 AM

Not sure if it was new or not. I bought it at Sports Authority and then got a case online. I used two cans as I mentioned. I put them on the ground and used the full can of each. u need a decent wind, at least 5 mph to carry the scent. i also sprayed some on a few tree branches as well. The deer came from downwind, exactly where the wind blew the scent. I ground hunt so it is important to give yourself plenty of ditsance from the cans. Hope this helps you.

Thanks