Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Disturbing hunt today

Old 11-15-2002, 03:45 PM

Default RE: Disturbing hunt today

They likely shot the deer in the early morning, gutted them, and drug them near the road so they could come back later in the day or night to pick them up. They probably seen your vehicle nearby and left them there. NO, I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE.

EDDIE
Old 11-15-2002, 03:54 PM

There was a post on Bigfoot regarding deer being found torn open and only thier livers missing.

Unless these people found the deer "torn" open and investigated to see if the liver was gone then we need to start looking out for the bigfoot man.

People have also found deer dead with only thier ears and lips torn off, other times the deer torn open as well with the liver gone as well, who knows

Good memory!

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 11-15-2002, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe the jerks shot and gutted the deer, but didn't tag them so they could keep on "hunting". If they didn't get anything else, they come back and tag the deer. But if they got something better, they keep the better one. Jim

Old 11-15-2002, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

I know wut it was the ppl where vampires and needed the blood to stay alive just messin!!!! that can anger you cant it i think they were probably just shooting for sport and for the rush then had to practice thier gutting skills stupid ppl out their guys gotta watch for em, i hope they catch em so they can pay the piper..... good luck on other trips weezer
Old 11-15-2002, 07:19 PM
Spike

Were the tenderloins cut out? I have come across a few does that have
been poached with the heart liver and loins gone. I imagine that's what happened here. Anyway we can only do our part, call the warden and hope he can catch these pigs.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:41 PM

people like that really upset me, there is no reason to do this to a animal and then leav it there. i hope that they find those *******s and throw the book at them.

don't fear the night
fear what hunt's at night
the snakeman
Old 11-16-2002, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

WHY? Really why would you just leave a deer gutted. No reason, did they take any part of it? Thats just terrible I hope they get caught and if they are hunter get there license taken away forever.

brian

Old 11-16-2002, 11:16 AM

im tellin ya its a sasquatch! i find dead ones all the time here and it makes me sick but never found a gutted one

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."
Old 11-16-2002, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

weez-

I'm 98% sure these deer were going to be came back for. It also sounds like these poachers were pretty well skilled taking these deer.I'm sure alot of guys wouldn't be quite so "sucessful" (if you can call poaching related activities "successful! ). They probobly saw the farmer or even you and/or outher members of your party and it scared them off. Do you remember seeing anyone around? Maybe someone driving by or something? Good luck w/ any investigation you might undertake. I think these idiots are like any other thief. They can't stop thenmselves and hopefully they'll get caught!

Now....."Go Get Ya One!"
Old 11-16-2002, 05:57 PM

Weezer-
That is a shame.

I agree with most of the others, they were going to come back for them and then were scared off. Otherwise, I see no reason why they would have gutted them. However, it does make me wonder why a poacher would hang them up instead of just taking them out of the woods...

I do not understand the poacher mentality one bit, it disgusts me.

Pat in WV

Quick Reply: Disturbing hunt today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.