Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Bomb & "The Can"

Old 10-24-2006, 08:14 AM

Default Buck Bomb & "The Can"

Anyone ever used Buck Bomb? It sounds like an intriguing product and I was just curious if anyone has had any success with it.

Also, what are people's thoughts aboutPrimos "The Can Family" calls? I'm looking for a good call to use during the beginning of rut up here in MN at the beginning of November. Is there one of these cans ('Lil Can, Original Can, Great Big Can) that work better than others during the time of year? Or would you avoid these all together?

I'm relatively new to the forumand have found thisplace to be a great resource for hunting tips. Thanks inadvance everyone!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Buck Bomb & "The Can"

I used the can the other day and brought in a small 6 point. I like to use it. I have the original can
Old 10-24-2006, 10:41 AM

I have the original and I use it a little, but I tend not to use to many calls unless I am not seeing a thing or a nice buck is out in the field walking away from me. The can is a pretty good product.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:48 AM

I have a question about the can. I have the original doe in heat can, but at what time should you use it? As soon as it breaks day if there is nothing around you,or wait till 10 in the morning or what? What if there is a deer 80 yards behind me and I never see it bacause I never used my call to bring it in. I like the can call just not really sure when to use it as far as time of day? Any advice on this would be nice.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Our family of hunters ran out and bought the can when it came out. We have used it four times with deer in sight. The results have been deer running for the hills three times, and one spike buck who showed some interest. We don't use the can anymore.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:04 AM

What if there is a deer 80 yards behind me and I never see it bacause I never used my call to bring it in

Or you used the call and it spooked it?? That is why I am leery about using "The Can" unless I see a buck and he is walking away from me at a pretty good distance. Only time I ever have deer come running to me while using acall is bucks, during the rut, using a grunt call.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

The only time I have used the can with sucess is during the rut when combined with a tending grunt. I've called in a couple of bucks using this method.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:19 PM

i have used the can and have had what i would consider good results. but it is just like any other call it will work on the right buck at the right time. the call has worked with deer that i could see and it has also called in bucks when i was blind calling. if the deer in your area are beginning to chase then i would have to give it a try.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use calls very little. Maybe if I'm bored and not seeing anything I'll hit the can a couple of times every 30 minutes or so. I have had deer come a little while after I used it, but don't know if that was what brought them in. I have used it a few times when I had deer around I didn't want to shoot just to see a reaction. They always look around trying to see where the sound came from, but never scared off.

I have, though definitely called in some does with it.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

I personally have never used the "can family",but I have heard alot of people have had success with it.

Quick Reply: Buck Bomb & "The Can"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.