HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   I missed...or did I?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/161180-i-missed-did-i.html)

Southern Man 10-24-2006 10:39 PM

RE: I missed...or did I??

We all can be asses at times.I hope most of you are not full time asses.A teenagers attitude is what ever.This one that posted this thread is also disrepectful.If you post on this site take your medicine.

bigdeernofear 10-25-2006 01:31 PM

ok southern man ill remember that

im not gonan be nice when someone tells me not to hunt ever because i give hunters a bad name just because i messed up once

pahntr760 10-25-2006 04:15 PM

I dont think you should never hunt again, just maybe the rest of this year. If you were my kid, you would not be hunting untill next season. Like I said before, learn from this and move on.

hotgunner21 10-25-2006 05:22 PM

when I was about 12 I was sitting in a stand and as it started to get dark I saw a 4 point buck step out of the woods about 85-100 yards to my right, I immediately turned and took my time, aimed, and placed the bullet exactly where i wanted to, or so i thought. after the shot the deer just stood there and didnt even move whatsoever, then it calmly turned and WALKED away in to the woods. All the indicators said i missed and i figured my scope was off since i wasnt the one to sight it in (grandpa's rifle). regardless i walked dow to where the deer was when i shot for no reason except to at least try and figure a reason for the miss, Seeing NO blood or hair I still decided to walk back where the deer came from, lo and behold about 40 yards back in the woods there was my buck, laying there dead as a doorknob, perfect shot behind the shoulder. moral of this story is to, no matter what, go check your shot and where it ran, regardless of blood or hair.

bigdeernofear 10-26-2006 01:43 PM

ok i won't make the same mistake twice
I assure you

Davwilli 10-26-2006 02:17 PM

Bigdeernofear,

I personally think you have been ran thru the wringer on this topic. I don't agree with your actions, but I think you have learned a valuable lesson. I think you have shown great pride in sticking around and keeping your calm and taking this medicine like a man. I think it is time to move on and put this behind you...just never forget the lesson learned here.

So tell us...have you been hunting anymore and have you seen anything.

bigdeernofear 10-26-2006 07:41 PM

Yea i actually i have, I just got back tonight from a stand I set up about a week ago near a bunch of rubs and scrapes. About 40 minutes before dark abig 7 pointcame down behind but he was ot of my range and in some thick brush.He was the biggest one i've seen yet.So i guess i'll just have to try again tomorow

Davwilli 10-27-2006 06:42 AM

Sounds like you have some really good deer hunting ground. Consider yourself lucky that you have killed as many deer that you have and have a productive place to hunt. All of us are not that fortunate. Good luck to you.

Good job on passing up a shot that was iffy.

Jeff Ovington 10-27-2006 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: fetzeriiif

Obviously you made a bad call. You should have looked for the deer. Hopefully you learned a lesson. You are right though, you shouldn't have posted it here. Too many of the people on this forum havea high and mighty attitude. They take every opportunity they have to let everyone know how ethical they are and how much of a better hunter than you they are. Get over yourselves. Mistakes happen to everyone. Hopefully this one doesn't happen to him again, but it happened. Should he give up hunting for a year, no way. Go out and try again, but make it count.

As for tagging the deer after it is rotten, I wouldn't expect you to do that. Earlier this year I shot a doe. I wasn't sure of my hit, so I let it sit over night. That is the supposed "ethical" thing to do. I found it the next mourning, but the coyotes had already shredded it. If you think I tagged it anyway, your nuts. If you can't use the deer anymore thenwhy tag it. If it makes you feel better about yourself, then you tag it.

I am glad that I don't hunt with most of you. You would take the fun out of hunting. There is a difference between having respect for your quary and just being a buch of anal retentive elitists.
Quite frankly I'm glad I don't hunt with you.....
You weren't sure of your hit???? Before you shoot you make sure of of your point of aim..:DThat is ethics..
Unethical practices result in wounding of game loss and destroyed game..
Hell, we hold wolves and cougars accountable for this practice, do we not?
The least we should do is is tag out thats responsibility to animals we have respect for..
Granted you were twelve at the time and you did make a huge effort in finding it..
But your believes inGLAD NOT TO BE HUNTING WITH SOME OF OUR MEMBERSBECAUSE IT WOULD TAKE THE "FUN OUT OF HUNTING" is disapointing to read......

BlackLab 10-27-2006 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: bigdeernofear

ok i won't make the same mistake twice
I assure you

Thats good to read ;)