Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I missed...or did I??

Old 10-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I missed...or did I??

There are many hunters who won't use tags so they cankill more deer. In Louisiana there is no tagging system. Next year will be the first. Turkey tagging will follow in 2008. There are hunters killing 10, 15, or 20 deer a year in La. because there is no tagging. The big problem in enforcing limits is the limited number of game wardens. Regardless of the circumstances, you kill a deer you should count it towards your season limit. There is no telling how many deer are actually killed each year. Probably twice as muchaswhat they say at the end of a season.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:25 PM

I have been following this debate about this guy. I did a search on his old post and this is a 15 year old whom has only been hunting for 3 years. In one of his post he commented on killing 11 deer since he started hunting. I quote "4 bucks, 7 does".

I don't agree with the way he handled the situation, but it seems to me this kid has let the fact that deer are plentiful where he is hunting affect his hunting ethics. This young man does not know what it is like to hunt for 15 years with only 3 deer under his belt. And yes I am a little jeolous of his success and he doesn't even appreciate what he has.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:47 PM

I will agree that leaving a perfectly fine deer because you want to shoot more or bigger deer is definately wrong and is a terrible waste. I know that it does happen, especially durring antlerless hunts when bucks are shot. Despite that fact, I still am not going to put my tag on or end my season for a rotten or chewed up deer. I would proudly, however,tag and end my season on a buck that looked bigger from the stand. I also understand that deer tagging is a management tool. On the other hand, I don't believe that any state is even anywhere in the ballpark as to the number of deer that are killed. They don't take into acount deer that are wounded in archery season and never found nor the many running deer wounded in deer drives durring the gun season. So if my coyote eaten deer does not make it into their statistics, I can live with it. As for whether or not the rest of the state has the same oppinions as me, I can honestly say that the majority of the average hunting public do. They may not be on this forum saying it, because they don't want to seem like a "bad guy" or get chewedout by everyone else on the site.Not to mention most of the average hunting joe aren't on this site.

With all that said,I still get a sick feeling that lasts for a long time when Ior anyone I hunt with shoots a deer that is not recovered and utilized.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

ok ontelk so i did make a mistake and i did tag it

u better be a fine and dandy hunter to be talking to me like that u

"bloody" *******. man your pretty full of yourself to be saying that ****
Old 10-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

wow i remember shooten at a doe one time with my bow and complety missed her but because of the morals and ethics my father and uncle taught me i still got out of my stand and checked the situation out. If he has been hunting for 3 years he should know what to do after a shot by now. A new hunter should know how to handle the after shot process before his first year.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would never criticize someone that lost a animal if he made a real effort to recover it.However in this case,he couldn't even be bothered to walk over and see if he hit the deer.That is irresponsible and against the regulations.If I had done that at his age,my father would have locked up my gunfor the rest ofthe season.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

ok well i know its a little late to say this now but i did go to see if there was any blood or heair but i didn't see any so i just thought i clearly missed, plus he ran of fine
Old 10-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

that u

"bloody" *******.
Well as far as an egregiousact like you posted, when it comes to hunting, I have a hard time biting my tongue (and my hunting skills are irrelevant in this regard. This was about your hunting skills my friend).

As far the insults go I can understand you're a young guy feeling threatened and berrated. So I can take that just fine young man

Your last post made me chuckle as well

All the best Jake.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

If your big enough to bust a cap...you damn well better be big enough to check it out. i shot a doe in the ham last year with my bow ( i dont know how in the hell that happened) but i spent the next day looking for her and (thank god) i found her standing by the edge of a creek and made an exellent shot on her.... i felt gulty about not making a clean shot the first timeand it enters my mind every time i go to shoot at one..
Old 10-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: I missed...or did I??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.