Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bleeding buck

Old 10-19-2006, 07:18 PM

Default bleeding buck

i shot a buck tonight and we followed a realyy nice blood trail through the woods and into a corn field for about a mile. It was in a corn field thats why we didnt stop pushing him, didnt want to lose the trail. once we reached a clearing we stopped for the night. Needless to say we are going back out in the morning. i was wondering if i had any chance in hell of that deer dying. any advice, hints, etc???
Old 10-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bleeding buck

Just keep trying and im sure you'll find him if he's hurt bad. He'll bed down and that'll be it for him.. Where did you hit him?? If you cant find him or anymore blood look by water, thick stuff, for by a bedding area.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

where did u hit him? with bow or rifle? what color blood? Can you tell if he bedded down at all?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:39 PM

Sorry to hear that. I had the same thing happen a few years back and if you hunt long enough stuff like this will happen. Try again at first light. You owe to the deer and you not to give up too soon. Best of luck
Old 10-19-2006, 09:40 PM

he wouldnt turn, so i had to shoot him straight on in the chest. it is very red blood, and i shot him with my .50 muzzleloader.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

You need to contactdeerpsychic.com.

Only he can tell you the unknown.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

hmm. more than likely if you shot him in the chest with a 50 cal muzzle loader he isnt going too far. The chest contains a lot of fat, thus making blood flow minimal. I think you would have been better off not pusing him with a wound like that. I woudl have let him bed down in the corn field and went and looked for him later on. if you push him hell run, making blood sparse. if you were to let him slow down hed eventually fill up and blood flow out of the wound may have been greater.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you followed him a mile with a really good blood trail, chances are he's not too far from where you left him.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:22 AM

If he went a mile with steady blood and you left him overnight...you probably just have to go find him.....bring a closepin for your nose, he should be fun to gut!!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, there is a good chance that you will find him. If the blood trail is easy to follow that means he his hit good and it is pumping out of him. Just be cautious when you approach it. I once tracked a big 11 pointer about 2 miles. The trail was so easy to follow. I finally got him and saw that it had about a 4 inch diameter hole in him. I shot him in the front of the neck and it opened him right up and as he walked and ran the hole got bigger. I found him piled up in a ditch line. I can't believe he made it that far. I have never followed so much blood before. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: bleeding buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.