Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why am i feeling this way?

Old 10-16-2006, 09:05 PM

Default Why am i feeling this way?

This is only my third year out deer hunting and im starting to feel not as excited as i was my first two years. Its only the third day of the season. Maybe its just early and not enough has happened to pump me up yet. I really dont wanna start becoming used to deer hunting (i want to be excited about it everytime i go out) i just feel weird and things arent the same they used to be anymore.... what do u think is wrong? Do u think my feelings may change further into the season?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:22 PM

Default RE: Why am i feeling this way?

I don't know, while I'm always excited to get out during deer season, if it gets cold and rainy it only takes a couple of hours to whipe that smile off my face haha
Old 10-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe call Dr. Phil?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:46 PM

Your feelings will probably change. Sometimes I am not excited until I actually pull into the path of the place I am going that day and then it is like a light switch, or sometimes I don't get excited until I see the season's first rubs or scrapes but something always changes my feelings and I get PUMPED UP!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:30 PM

i nkow what ur talkin aboot. but yeh, dont give up . sounds redundant, but you'll just get freakn exicted as it goes on, like im in kansas and rifle doesnt start for 1.5 months, and im just bout going nuts. so its good.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

A couple of times, I haven't been terribly excited when season started for whatever reason, but it seems like when season gets started and I start seeing deer, things quickly get back to normal.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:24 AM

I have only 4 weeks of rifle hunting here (additonal 3 if you bow hunt) and I get excited a couple weeks before it even opens and every day that I know I am going out during the season is the same way.....bad weather or not....just love it and it gets my heart pumping every year....this is year 14
Old 10-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Don't worry. Once that first buck of the year walks out into view, you'll forget you ever had these feelings!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe call Dr. Phil?
LOL.

I've heard and seen this lack of desire you talk about before. Not sure what it is or what happens. All I know is I hope I never get it. The month leading to bowseason you just about have to tie me to a chair I'm so pumped up to get in the woods. I'm like that every single time I go out (for the last 20 years) whether I'm seeing deer or not.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

The last few years I would say I have had more of an obsession since bagging a 135" 9 pt. But, I will say that with me atleast it varies from year to year. Some years it all I can think about, some maybe just go for a couple of weeks. I'm the same way with fishing too.

Quick Reply: Why am i feeling this way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.