HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Which is your favorite (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/160010-your-favorite.html)

spudrow 10-16-2006 03:14 PM

Which is your favorite

Deer hunting has been in my life for 45 years. 35 of those years was solely done with a gun in gun season.
When I started to bow hunt I decided this was the way to deer hunt. After I killed my first deer with a bow I was anoverwhelmed, super excited, euphoric, adrenalin pumped son of a gun. There fore I would choose bow hunting as my favorite.
What is your favorite? Gun or bow

mobow 10-16-2006 05:35 PM

RE: Which is your favorite

Bow. Without question or hesitation. Shoot, I even take my bow during rifle season. Bow hunting spoils you. Yeah, the added range is nice, and nothing against rifle hunters at all. There's just something special about whackin one w/ an arrow.

wi_buckstomper 10-16-2006 08:03 PM

absolutly BOW, you cant match the excietment. bow hunting is much harder 2

Cleetus 10-17-2006 07:03 AM

Bow hunting for me. I started out bow hunting with my uncle, so my first deer was with a bow 20 years ago. I love the challenge, the dedication of practice it takes to make sure your shots are kill shots every time. I love it when you have several deer come in on you and you shoot one and the others only run about 20 yards and stop and try and figure out what just happend.

timbercruiser 10-17-2006 07:42 AM

Rifle

Rebel Hog 10-17-2006 07:44 AM

Rifleand soon to be with crossbow!:)

isatarak 10-17-2006 07:45 AM

Bow-huntingis my favorite because of several things. The long season, nicer weather, the challenge and excitement, the solitude. However, I think my single favorite day of the season is opening day of rifle season, sitting in my tower stand, knowing the rut is in full swing and knowing if I see Big Boy, I don't have to get within rock-throwing distance to get him.

derekt28 10-17-2006 07:52 AM

I would have to stay with Rifle. I never like archery, even as a boy scout. I could never get the arrow to stay straight. Since then I will not look at a bow twice. I like my guns and rifles.

r33h 10-17-2006 08:06 AM

there is something about a deer being 10 yards from you and trying to pull a bow back. I would have to say a bow. The last deer I shot with a rifle was 150 yards away. The excitement is much better with a bow.

kevin1 10-17-2006 08:15 AM

I prefer firearms , I'm a lot more confident with them . I do bow and crossbow hunt though just to extend my time afield .