HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Jim Shockey Show (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/159992-jim-shockey-show.html)

tatonka 10-16-2006 02:18 PM

Jim Shockey Show

If you all didn't see Jim Shockey's show last night, you missed a great one. He was hunting with his father and father-in-law.....both appear to be in their 80's. This is the best hunting show I've seen on tv bar none...... It was what hunting is all about. Three guys in a blind having an absolute blast. They weren't there to kill a B&C buck.....there was no hooting, hollaring, High Fives, and all of that when they killed their bucks....just a lot of good natured ribbing and joking around as well as two nice bucks on the ground. I guess it reminded me a lot of hunting with my uncles when I was a kid. They were serious about putting a buck in the freezer, but never too serious to not have a good time, pull some pranks, etc.

timbercruiser 10-16-2006 03:10 PM

RE: Jim Shockey Show

Shokey has had two or three shows with his dad and father in law and they are all great. His is one of the best hunting shows on TV to me.

cnapeswitchback 10-16-2006 03:46 PM

i saw that one i was cracking up the whole time. those older guys sure were funny:)

californiabill 10-17-2006 05:33 PM

That was a great show. You guys need to see it!

Hawgnman 10-18-2006 06:46 AM

What channel?

Gunslingergirl 10-18-2006 07:38 AM

I've heard this guy's name, but I've never seen his show. What makes it so good?

jaysweet3 10-18-2006 07:39 AM

I saw one where he had them on a black bear hunt. His dad and father in law were cracking jokes and have ing a great time.

tatonka 10-18-2006 09:06 AM

I watch it on the "Outdoor Channel" (via satellite). Jim Shockey also has a website. He does some outfitting and writes for Big Buck Magazine from time to time.

What makes his show so good (or this particular episode) is that it's about as close to real hunting as you will see on TV. It's like hunting was years ago. They are ribbing each other and just having a lot of fun..... If you get a chance to watch it, you'll see what I mean.

Gunslingergirl 10-18-2006 09:19 AM

I'll have to do some research on him. He sounds like he might be interesting and that he knows how to capture the fun of hunting.

Thanks for the info.

Kristine

RumbleBritches 10-23-2006 05:08 AM

"I shot him on the run and he dropped right here" (about 400 yards). Actual shot was about 75 yards standing still.

Those guys crack me up.