Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Coyotes effect deer hunting?

Old 10-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyotes effect deer hunting?

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

Cleetus....kill them damn yotes.. pack animals are a threat to man and beast...there are plenty nuf to go round...they areare bad for business and breed fast enuf that they wont become extinct.....for all you care bears outthere ...too bad.....let em come and chew on you
The wolf is a pack animal and there has never been a documented case of a wolf killing any human!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:18 AM

All I know is that when I shot my deer Saturday, I knew I hit her right in the heart. When she ran into the corn my concern was not if I would find her or not, but if I would find her before the coyotes. That is a stress I don't want or need while hunting. I have worked to hard to make the kind of shots I made on her with my bow and have spent way to much money to let a pack of coyotes eat the meat that I am trying to provide for my family.

I respect nature and greatly appreciate all the beautiful things I see while hunting. I am not a killer or get my kicks for the killing part of hunting, but Indiana has a coyote season fora reason. There are far to many of them in areas with homes, pets and kids. I for one don't want them on my property, near my home or near my pets and animals.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cleetus, I understand completely. Hunting coyotes in NH can be done 365 days a year. It never closes and there is no limit.

I was simply commenting on a reply (above) and I previously mentioned that I am the exception, not the rule when it comes to killing coyotes.

I also said the guys I hunt with will almost always take a coyote if the shot presents itself.

I have a different outlook on coyotes but I certainly respect your decision.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 AM

I don't think there are very many yotes in Eastern NC, but if I see one it will be dead.

I run beagles also and heard stories of coyotes surronding a hound and tearing it to shreds.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:58 AM

Jimmy S, I wasn't replying to you directly. I respect your outlook on it and would never try and persuad you to think other wise. I didn't feel like you were doing the same towards me. I love hunting and I love talking with people who hunt. Nothing more exciting than talking with another hunter about things they seen and past hunts. My wife says I get more excited about hunting than the kids do about Christmas.....in Indiana Christmas falls during hunting season..
Old 10-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cleetus...
At least on this subject we agree to disagree and that's not a bad thing.

We are both hunters and yes, like you,I get excited as Opening Day gets closer.

To me the excitement, comrauderieand anticipation is such a big part of the whole picture of what we call deerhunting.

Here's hoping the 2006 Indiana deer hunting season is a good one for you........Jimmy

Old 10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

jimmys... at sometime....somewhere...in the course of human events....a human(s) has been killed by wolves.....attacked and subsequently died..died from rabies...died from severe trauma....just died ..and wolves were the cause...or at the very least highly suspected...predators do these type of things....Not documented doesnt mean it hasnt happened.....You dont have to be the GRIZZLY MAN to find out!!!!

My statement was they are a threat...yada yada yada .

............PEACE BE WITH YOU
Old 10-17-2006, 12:31 PM

Coyotes will not ruin your Deer hunting.

Again, they will not ruin it - so don't worry about it.

There have been many recent studies and articles on it. They can impact fawn success, but they will not wipe out or seriously impact deer populations. They will take some young, old and sick. So let them.

The farm I hunt is packed with coyotes and has been for the 6 years I'veowned it. Its full of coyotes, deer, turkey & grouse. Its a nice cycle of nature & I'm grateful to be part of it. The coyotes serve there purpose.

Don't get me wrong, I will shoot the bastards anytime I can....but it won't bother your deer any. Just provide them with good habitat and food and they will survive anything!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve been observing the deer in my field at dusk lately and have noticed they are not concerned at all when the coyotes do there calling in packs , even thought they are close to the deer. The deer just keep on eating in the field without the slightest hesitation. Just an observation on my part...
Old 10-17-2006, 10:53 PM

Plenty of yotes in E N.C. dog runners have been complaing about running more yotes than deer for two years.A yote will run a pack of dog to death if you dont kill that yote.

Quick Reply: Coyotes effect deer hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.