Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Coyotes effect deer hunting?

Old 10-16-2006, 08:43 AM

Default RE: Coyotes effect deer hunting?

if you see a coyote shoot it .....plan and simple. the less of them the better
Old 10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

5 coyotes = bang bang bang bang bang = 0 coyotes
Old 10-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Go out and buy a predator call,skip deer hunting for a day and unload on come wild dogs!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:43 AM

I have read a few studies that Coyotes can take 30% of the Deer population in any given area. I’m with everyone else if you want deer to hunt assassinate the Coyotes.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:47 AM

Okay, well looks like this week I will be hunting coyotes.

Thanks everyone for the advice....I just hope that big 10 pt doesn't walk by while I am hunting coyotes.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even with the number of deer coyotes kill, the number of deer hit by vehicles, the number of deer lost to severe winters, the number of deer taken by poachersand the number of deer taken legally by hunters - the number of deer (for the most part) is on the rise.

The coyote is an integral part of deer management, it's part of nature. I have not and will never shoot a coyote. It's the old feeling that I do not want to mess with nature. Kinda the same way I will not interfere and save a rabbit from a hawk or fox and I have had that chance.

For those that want to kill coyotes, good luck to ya, no problemo here.

I understand I am the exception, not the rule, because most hunters I know (and respect) will hardly ever let a coyote walk if they have the chance.

OK, I'm ready - fire away!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:10 PM

The coyote is an integral part of deer management, it's part of nature.
Jimmy S, I agree. I think It is so strange that its ok forhunters to kill deer, but it is a sin for a coyote to kill a deer. Just plain and simple human greed. Yes, you need to controll their numbers the same as deer.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:43 PM

Kill the 'yotes or you'll notice a big impact on your deer hunting. I don't think theykill deer in large numbers but deer will move to areas that contain fewerpredators, wether it's man or coyote.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

The coyote is an integral part of deer management, it's part of nature.
I disagree with this, they moved in after the wolves were gone here? But, somehow they bread with wolves making the Eastern Coyote a type of hybrid killing machine. Unlike the wolves a coyote attacks it's prey differently, and doesn't care how many the can kill at once. Snow and ice is when they kill most the deer here. Young and old, large or small is not a problem for them once they get them circled.

I agree with the rest " shoot em "
Old 10-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cleetus....kill them damn yotes.. pack animals are a threat to man and beast...there are plenty nuf to go round...they areare bad for business and breed fast enuf that they wont become extinct.....for all you care bears outthere ...too bad.....let em come and chew on you

Quick Reply: Coyotes effect deer hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.