Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Shot my first Deer ever and did it with a bow. >

Shot my first Deer ever and did it with a bow.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot my first Deer ever and did it with a bow.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Shot my first Deer ever and did it with a bow.

Well I had never shot a deer never the less even took a shot ata deer. That all changed Sat morning. I had been in mY spot on Columbus day and I put out a can of buck bomb, these 3 does, one really big came from behind me downwind and went straight to the can. They were so close that when I tried to move they spotted me and slowly walked away with caution. They never gave me a chance to draw or they would have bolted.

Well Saturday morning I decided to recreate the scene. Same spot, on the ground posted up against a tree. Used a can of buck bomb but this time I put it about 20 yards away. Sure enough about 45 mins later these same 3 deer made their way in and this time I was ready. As I stood up one of the younger deer caught a glimpse and alerted the others at this point the huge doe was already broadside, looking at me. They started to do the same thing as they slowly started to walk away. I knew it was now or never. I came to full draw with the big girl staring right at me, however I aimed and fired in all of about 2 seconds. I heard the arrow hit and she ran about 6o yards and crashed.

My first deer ever shot at, with a gun or bow. This was my first year Bowhunting and i double lunged her at about 20 yards. I coul dnoyt have done it without all of the help from you people. This was truly a dream come true. What a rush.

She dressed out at 100 pounds. I believe that is pretty big for here in Long Island, New York.

Thanks for everyones help and advice it really paid off. Well Iam off to get that big buck now.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:18 AM

Default RE: Shot my first Deer ever and did it with a bow.

Congrats on your first!

Were you hunting from the ground? Thats a little more difficult than being perched in a tree.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrat's
Old 10-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!

P.S. When the you were out there, what were the does eating?
Old 10-15-2006, 01:46 PM

way to go, the next will be easier hope fully
Old 10-15-2006, 02:33 PM
bigcountry

Man, nothing like stickin one. I still get so excited, I feel I might faint when I hit one with a bow. So far, got 3this year.

Congrads man, you hooked like a fish.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:07 PM

Congrats!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Site Buck Guru

Congradulations! Good job and a great story. Respect.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you live a hundred more years, you'll never forget this one. It'll forever be etched in your mind and stay there like it was yesterday. My first was 21 years ago and I can remember every detail. Congrat and apologies. Apologies, for the road your on will lighten the wallet, make the wife upset, make your friends that don't hunt wonder why you want to sit in the woods for hours. But it willmake you the richest person you know. At least richest in memories.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Congrat's I got my first deer this week too

Quick Reply: Shot my first Deer ever and did it with a bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.